• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Non-Tender Deadline Thread

totdprods

Treinen sure bombed in a hurry, after the success from 2016-2018.   I guess it is true that some rock solid relievers can crap out after 3 really good seasons?   

Cesar Hernandez wasn't bad at all in 2019, guessing he had a big arb figure due to him in 2020?

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Would not be surprised if Eppler tries to acquire Maile. He may do more than that but Maile is a worthwhile option on defense. Had a bad 2019 but was better in previous seasons offensively.

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Angels are getting Shaw!!!

If they offer the most money and playing time. But really, he makes a ton of sense. Left handed platoon partner at 1B with Albert, can also fill in at 3B. 

Are you guessing or do you know something?  Also does he really make any sense when we already have La Stella?

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

No insider info here. I'm not even guessing we get him. I'm just saying there's a fit for some playing time if the team would prefer to keep Rengifo and Thaiss in AAA.

Count me in. I’d love to see the Angels take a gamble on Shaw. I want the Angels to stack as much depth as they can. If that means Thaiss, Rengifo, Barria, Anderson, etc. start in AAA, it’s a good thing. 

No more Tovar types getting regular playing time when guys get hurt please. 

Edited by totdprods

4 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Non-tendering Gausman is bizarre to me. He had solid peripherals and a not-so-great ERA. 94mph and 18.2% K-BB%, sign me up!

This would be a nice pickup I think for the back-end of our rotation if we sign 3 starters.

Just now, ettin said:

Non-tendering Gausman is bizarre to me. He had solid peripherals and a not-so-great ERA. 94mph and 18.2% K-BB%, sign me up!

This would be a nice pickup I think for the back-end of our rotation if we sign 3 starters.

I wouldn’t count on Gausman being a starter at this point, should get moved to the pen like Pomeranz

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

I wouldn’t count on Gausman being a starter at this point, should get moved to the pen like Pomeranz

Ahh... I missed that when I visited his FanGraphs page. Some of those were relief appearances. Still I think he is potentially worthwhile in a starter role but yeah not as exciting when facing a potential $10M arbitration raise. Still must have been a tough call but not as surprising now.

Travis Shaw's game fell off a cliff, into a river and over a water fall and then went down stream into the ocean where it was sucked in by a whale and spouted out its air hole and into the atmosphere.  His decline was catastrophic.  The Angels are in win-now mode - not in "let's take a flyer on a guy mode."

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Travis Shaw's game fell off a cliff, into a river and over a water fall and then went down stream into the ocean where it was sucked in by a whale and spouted out its air hole and into the atmosphere.  His decline was catastrophic.  The Angels are in win-now mode - not in "let's take a flyer on a guy mode."

Worked for us last year with La Stella and Goodwin, and years before with Pena, Noe, Norris, Petit, Hernandez and JC.

Worst case scenario, Shaw blocks Thaiss from some ABs for a month or two.