• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanayhu faces up to 10 years in prison

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been indicted on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust, Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit announced Thursday, prolonging the country’s political uncertainty as it looks set to head into its third national election in a year.

Netanyahu, who has denied any wrongdoing and said he is the victim of a politically orchestrated "witch hunt," faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of bribery and a maximum 3-year term for fraud and breach of trust, according to legal experts.

Netanyahu's chief political rival, former army chief Benny Gantz, said the indictment raises concerns that the prime minister "will make decisions in his own personal interest and for his political survival and not in the national interest."

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-pm-netanyahu-indicted-charges-bribery-fraud-breach-trust-n1084831

This is gnar. "Witch hunt" ... where have we heard that before? 

I don't understand conservative evangelicals' blind support for modern-day Israel. Modern-day Israel is not the same Israel (the Promised Land) that God promised to Abraham's descendants. Jesus' death and resurrection removed the geographical limitations on God's people, and so the new Israel (the Church) became the body of believers around the world.

@Tank @mtangelsfan I'm curious to hear your take on it.

29 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't understand conservative evangelicals' blind support for modern-day Israel. Modern-day Israel is not the same Israel (the Promised Land) that God promised to Abraham's descendants. Jesus' death and resurrection removed the geographical limitations on God's people, and so the new Israel (the Church) became the body of believers around the world.

So then theologically, do you believe the Church replaces Israel on the prophetic timeline?

This is a great convo to have on spin board btw. 

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Doesn't it have something to do with the second coming of Christ? Some rapture shit, or something.

22 minutes ago, Adam said:

So then theologically, do you believe the Church replaces Israel on the prophetic timeline?

This is a great convo to have on spin board btw. 

Yes, I do. I believe it's called "replacement theology" or something like that.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Considering the rest of the region basically wants to kill us its not hard to figure out.  It isnt religious, it certainly isnt blind, its a matter of loyalty to a long time ally that still very much needs our help.   They are no more perfect than we are, every nation is flawed, but that whole not wanting to kill us thing kinda matters. 

Israel is a colonial ethno state in the exact same manner that apartheid South Africa was.  Except it’s even more repulsive and violent.  The two state solution is dead as a direct consequence of Netanyahu’s policies.  The result of that will eventually be the end of the “Jewish” state.  

20 minutes ago, floplag said:

Considering the rest of the region basically wants to kill us its not hard to figure out.  It isnt religious, it certainly isnt blind, its a matter of loyalty to a long time ally that still very much needs our help.   They are no more perfect than we are, every nation is flawed, but that whole not wanting to kill us thing kinda matters. 

“The region wants to kill us” is a fucking simpletons take that reflects just an embarrassing disinterest in history and facts on the ground.  You’re not this dumb but you don’t care to learn about anything so this is the lens you carry around.  Get beyond your 6th grade social studies understanding of the world. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Yes, I do. I believe it's called "replacement theology" or something like that.

Yeah, I dont agree with replacement theology.  Apart from being biblically vague it is the thinking that brought anti-semitism into the church.

That doesnt mean that I agree with everything that Israel does.  I just think God isn't done with them yet.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Israel is a colonial ethno state in the exact same manner that apartheid South Africa was.  Except it’s even more repulsive and violent.  The two state solution is dead as a direct consequence of Netanyahu’s policies.  The result of that will eventually be the end of the “Jewish” state.  

“The region wants to kill us” is a fucking simpletons take that reflects just an embarrassing disinterest in history and facts on the ground.  You’re not this dumb but you don’t care to learn about anything so this is the lens you carry around.  Get beyond your 6th grade social studies understanding of the world. 

I like Jews a lot and I like the broader contributions to the world by Israel, but it is hard to disagree with your first point. That said, I empathize with the zionist worldview as well and  with the spirit behind how they structure their society. That region of the world is a shitshow. 

Your second point is spot on. There's only 1 candidate on either side who has anything resembling a policy that would address that. She's likely be impotent to do anything about it and they'd never let her win anyway.

I don’t dislike jews.  I know that’s not your meaning Adam.  But Jews are not responsible for the Israel’s crimes.  It’s the horror of Zionism.  Just purely by the numbers more Christians and other non Jews  are responsible for all that then Jewish people.

Edited by UndertheHalo

41 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

i love how you skipped the rest, but im not surprised after calling it all bling and religious as thought there could be no other reason.  

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I dont agree with replacement theology.  Apart from being biblically vague it is the thinking that brought anti-semitism into the church.

That's unfortunate, as I believe it should have had the opposite effect. It caused the kingdom of God to expand, and God's salvation to become available to every person, Jew or Gentile.

Edited by Taylor

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

you're correct that Israel as God's chosen is no longer seen as the country. in the adventist church we see ourselves and all modern day christians as part of "spiritual" Israel. when the jews rejected Jesus and crucified him, we believe that put an end to their calling as God's chosen people as a nation. the growth of the christian church in the first century after Jesus' death filled that void.

as I understand it, evangelicals believe that God's kingdom on earth will be set up where Israel currently is located. they believe that scripture's description of Jesus coming back to take back this world from satan involves setting up an earthly kingdom with walls and they will defeat the enemies of God via the sword (I may not have all the details of this theory correct so anyone who's more in touch with it can feel free to correct me). they have a far different view of these things than adventists and many other christians hold. we hold a much different view in the adventist faith.

I believe there are two reasons why evangelicals so aggressively support Israel: 1) because of it's role in how they feel God's kingdom will be set up in the future, and 2) because of it's historical and spiritual importance as the place where nearly all of the events in the Bible took place. they would hate to see those places ruined/destroyed by Muslims like we've seen happen to historical sites in Iran and other middle eastern places in recent years thanks to isis.

that's my take on your question.

13 hours ago, Taylor said:

That's unfortunate, as I believe it should have had the opposite effect. It caused the kingdom of God to expand, and God's salvation to become available to every person, Jew or Gentile.

The silliest notion ever produced by organized religion is that salvation can only be achieved by being fan of the Cardinals, Padres, or Angels. It's what you do, not the team you root for. 

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Flop, the first sentence is all that needed to be addressed.  That belief informs the rest of the terrible, wrong view.  

In your opinion, please dont forget that.  See the way it works is that we each get our own and you dont get to tell me mine is right or wrong on something so subjective, isnt life grand? 

good donald glover GIF

Screw Israel, and it’s disgusting how so many in Israel want Israel to act like Nazi Germany, the same Nazi Germany that killed millions of Jews.  Trumpers bash Muslim terrorists but have no problem when it sides with their own kind like Israel, domestic nazis and, in Trump’s and Fox News’ case, Saudis. They’ve gone from Anakin to Darth.