• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vernon Wells...the Agent

Mark68

13 minutes ago, Don said:

That was one of those trades that was clearly terrible even at the time it was made. Like most trades you can talk yourself into on some level, even the bad ones.... Then you realize how bad they were later on. But that trade was obviously a giant steaming turd from the get go.

I think it was one of the few times this board was unanimous about something with how bad that was.

20 minutes ago, Lou said:

what's funny is that if we had signed Crawford everybody would have been celebrating.

crawford was putting together some impressive years in tampa, and the thought of him in the OF in anaheim was very appealing. little did we know he was about to turn to dust physically. red sox never got anything close to good value from him, nor did the dodgers. i'm glad that didn't work out for the angels in this particular case.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

what's funny is that if we had signed Crawford everybody would have been celebrating.

The Crawford downturn was hard to see coming. Dude was 28 as a free agent I think, and he hadn’t shown any signs of a downturn. I would’ve welcomed the signing at the time, and it would’ve been a disaster obviously. Not like Hamilton bad, but still.

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

nah, that was prime nutswinger time here

Lots of people liked it.  The club had badmouthed Napoli through backchannels, and Nutswinger Central was happy to see him gone.

You’re full of shit on this one.  That trade was universally hated on here.  Napoli was being traded because of Sosh and so people hated that because they hated Sosh, but not a single person thought that trading him for Wells was a win.  

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You’re full of shit on this one.  That trade was universally hated on here.  Napoli was being traded because of Sosh and so people hated that because they hated Sosh, but not a single person thought that trading him for Wells was a win.  

He’s right Strad.  There were some who loved it.  The thread used to be bumped constantly to the point where it got locked.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Or the fact that he would show up to work hungover.  

The Angels recently had a pitcher who was consuming fentanyl, oxycodone and booze about every fifth day, enough to kill a horse.  In fact, it killed him.

That guy got his name and face on the outfield wall, his number etched on the pitcher's mound every day,and patches were worn as far as the eye could see.  Heck, get this, people were even promoting a stupid hashtag slogan of his. 

The marines who raised the flag at Iwo Jima weren't celebrated as much as this guy.

So if Napoli had a few too many beers at the Goat Hill Tavern (if true), I'm certainly not going to enter one of the worst trades in modern history over it.