• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Few stats that surprised you from the 2019 Angels?

JustATroutFan

Mine would be Trout’s 2019 BABIP under .300 for the season. Kept waiting for it to reach to his career norm, never happened. Just an anomaly that he had a BABIP that low. Otherwise, he probably would have had his highest single season batting average. Another stat that was surprising was La Stella hitting 16 home runs. He was never a home run threat prior to last season but suddenly, was turning into one. Even if he doesn’t hit many home runs next season, still a valuable bat to have on the team since he is an excellent contact hitter. 

One I was surprised of and very happy about was Fletcher's obp of .350.  Makes me feel like it could actually continue to go up with more experience and make him an amazing lead off hitter.  

On the down side, I though Shohei would hit for more power but I think his knee had a lot to do with that. 

- How bad Barria was.

- How bad Suarez was.

- Sandoval's average fastball velocity.

- Thaiss' home and away splits.

- Fletcher and his BA/OBP.

- The sheer amount of time Upton and Simmons missed.

- Matt Thaiss turning into a legitimate good defensive 3B.

- Tyler Skaggs having a drug problem and dying.

It was a very surprising year to say the least.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sandoval came in with reports of having an average fastball, but he showed mid 90's, so he was flashing above average fastball velo. Hitting 96 MPH at times.

My thoughts exactly.  I'd watched him three times in AAA, and there wasn't any mention of an uptick in velocity.  But it looked a lot firmer in the majors.  At first, I thought he was amped, but he kept it up.  When the Astros traded him, he was sitting 91-92. 

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Just shut up already. Really, this non stop trolling has to end. You know that was pure bullshit you just posted so please just ban yourself for a month or two so the rest of can talk baseball without your non stop agenda driven thread hijacking. 

I'm honestly surprised you guys put up with it so much for all these years.

A legit life troll.