• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Finding Value in Free Agency...

Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

My discussion didn’t start with mentioning the Yankees staff. IP started that discussion. Then the glasshouse gang jumped in on the discussion. Our pitching needs a lot of help. The making of a competitive team has to have guys that start a lot of games. Can Ohtani and Canning give us 28-30 starts? I think they had better evaluate that. 

You mentioned the need to add four innings eaters.  I countered by asking you which four, and pointed out that your favorite team didn't have a single pitcher that averaged at least 6 innings per start -- the classic definition of an innings eater.   You wasted no time talking up the Yankees but have continued to refuse to answer a very simple question.

You continue to deflect while refusing to answer the question.  IF ANYTHING, I created this thread to try to get people's opinions on what pitcher's could best help remedy the issues in the rotation.   You are doing everything in your power to avoid the actual topic.   

Who do we target that makes them better...    All the beating around the bush, deflection, and finger-pointing is comical.   You're the one that refuses to stay on topic.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

As much as Arte and Boras have kissed and made up, Arte likes to swoop in with his best offer, win the player over, and get him to sign.  He's not the type to get caught up in some war of attrition that Boras likes to create where he plays every offer off every team involved over a series of months.  While that approach is fair game, I feel like Arte sees it as dirty pool and won't go along with it.  

Agreed, you couldnt have two more conflicting styles and Cole has no connection to the team that would make him want to cater to Arte or the Angels need to act sooner, rather than later.

32 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Reading is fundamental.  I've not compared the two rotations, I've suggested a couple guys that would greatly help the Angels and in response to you, pointed out that none of the Yankees pitchers averaged at least 6 innings a game.  You're the one talking about innings eaters and the pussification of baseball, remember.

Well, the ability to go 6 innings has long been considered the definition of an innings eater.  Looking at your two examples above, one of your "innings eaters" missed the entire year with an injury, the other one is the worst kind of pussy alive, the wife beating kind.

I'm glad to have given you the opportunity to once again blow the Yankees, and I acknowledge that spending 50+ mil on your bullpen makes a rotation of pitchers that fail to go 6 innings less of an issue but... what's it got to do with what I asked you?   What didn't you understand?

Your point is to derail a conversation by talking about Pujols, or the Yankees even when the topic has nothing to do with the or when they lack to support your position.  Everyone who reads this board and doesn't have their head in the clouds knows what you're doing, I was hoping you were actually wanting to engage for once, I was clearly wrong. But since I'm stupid and willing to give you the opportunity to prove you arent.... I'll ask you again...

Name the innings eaters that the Angels should be focusing on.  You've done your usual "rah rah Yankees rule!" routine, now answer the question.

finish him video games GIF

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agreed, you couldnt have two more conflicting styles and Cole has no connection to the team that would make him want to cater to Arte or the Angels need to act sooner, rather than later.

Except that the Angels are expected to be one of if not the highest bidder. If they give him an ultimatum: We’re moving on unless we settle this soon, it might push Scotty to pressure any other teams who are in the neighborhood financially as far as what they’re willing to offer. 

Losing one of his top options too early could screw Cole’s market. 

27 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

IP wants to continue going to value village to shop for pitching. He must be some old retired Floridian.

On the contrary, @Inside Pitch and many of us have been on board with Arte shelling out $$$ to sign both Cole and Wheeler. Maybe Kyle Gibson too, who's going to get some decent money as well after teams shopping for pitching miss out on the big guys.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

On the contrary, @Inside Pitch and many of us have been on board with Arte shelling out $$$ to sign both Cole and Wheeler. Maybe Kyle Gibson too, who's going to get some decent money as well after teams shopping for pitching miss out on the big guys.

He misunderstood my first comment about needing four inning eating pitchers. I didn’t say that Gibson was only a four inning pitcher. He took it a whole different direction which of course is followed by personal attacks by the rest of the Angels Scientologist. 

We need pitchers that can make starts and a lot of them. We need to sign a couple of them and trade for a couple more. We cannot afford to just sign one guy and cross our fingers. We have pieces to trade and roster spots that need to be vacated but until they do what’s necessary they will continue to be mediocre at best.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Reading is fundamental.  I've not compared the two rotations, I've suggested a couple guys that would greatly help the Angels and in response to you, pointed out that none of the Yankees pitchers averaged at least 6 innings a game.  You're the one talking about innings eaters and the pussification of baseball, remember.

Well, the ability to go 6 innings has long been considered the definition of an innings eater.  Looking at your two examples above, one of your "innings eaters" missed the entire year with an injury, the other one is the worst kind of pussy alive, the wife beating kind.

I'm glad to have given you the opportunity to once again blow the Yankees, and I acknowledge that spending 50+ mil on your bullpen makes a rotation of pitchers that fail to go 6 innings less of an issue but... what's it got to do with what I asked you?   What didn't you understand?

Your point is to derail a conversation by talking about Pujols, or the Yankees even when the topic has nothing to do with the or when they fail to support your position.  Everyone who reads this board and doesn't have their head in the clouds knows what you're doing, I was hoping you were actually wanting to engage for once, I was clearly wrong. But since I'm stupid and willing to give you the opportunity to prove you arent.... I'll ask you again...

Name the innings eaters that the Angels should be focusing on.  You've done your usual "rah rah Yankees rule!" routine, now answer the question.

its always sunny rage GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

He misunderstood my first comment about needing four inning eating pitchers. I didn’t say that Gibson was only a four inning pitcher. He took it a whole different direction which of course is followed by personal attacks by the rest of the Angels Scientologist. 

We need pitchers that can make starts and a lot of them. We need to sign a couple of them and trade for a couple more. We cannot afford to just sign one guy and cross our fingers. We have pieces to trade and roster spots that need to be vacated but until they do what’s necessary they will continue to be mediocre at best.

ok.  which pitchers?  

39 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

IP wants to continue going to value village to shop for pitching. He must be some old retired Floridian.

When you can't back up what you've said, just lie about what others think/want.   Seriously, do better.  

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thank you.  I went on record early and often that this is Arte's offseason.  That being said when you have guys like Gibson and Pineda, both with solid track records, both being projected to outperform everyone but the big three, Ryu, and Keuchel only at less than half the cost you have to give them a solid look as potential plan Bs.  The fact that they could open the door for the Angels to make a play for Grandal or a lesser catcher only adds to their appeal IMO.

I want the Angels to improve, not just chase names and spend money.

@Calzone 2 you gotta have one of your French companions help a brother out and wave that white flag like ya'll do in battles. You're not going to win this one, or any of your favorite narratives here. 

It's easy to be negative, but it's more fun to be positive and optimistic. So wave that white flag, the war was over before you started it. 

Just a friend looking out dude. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Calzone 2 you gotta have one of your French companions help a brother out and wave that white flag like ya'll do in battles. You're not going to win this one, or any of your favorite narratives here. 

Just a friend looking out dude. 

It's easy to be negative, but it's more fun to be positive and optimistic. So wave that white flag, the war was over before you started it. 

Well Chuck until the Angels make the tough decisions that need to be made they won’t win any wars either. You know who they need and you know who needs to go. The organization is caught in a trap. They refuse to make the hard decisions. 

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

Well Chuck until the Angels make the tough decisions that need to be made they won’t win any wars either. You know who they need and you know who needs to go. The organization is caught in a trap. They refuse to make the hard decisions. 

But you're judging the outcome before it happens here. If Arte sits on his money this offseason and doesn't do a thing to improve the club, I'll echo your sentiments. But until that happens, it's just protesting the game before the ump says "play ball". 

31 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I've not attacked you and as far as misunderstanding you goes....  FFS you said that "what you meant to say was"....  I can only respond to what you have actually written..   Tell you what, let's just pretend and roll with it. Your point is that the team needs innings eaters... 

Name them.   You've posted at least 10 times now and still haven't mentioned a single pitcher you view as an example of what you're talking about.   You have however lied about what I've said multiple times and taken pot shots at everyone else asking you to just name these pitchers you're talking about.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

But you're judging the outcome before it happens here. If Arte sits on his money this offseason and doesn't do a thing to improve the club, I'll echo your sentiments. But until that happens, it's just protesting the game before the ump says "play ball". 

That was Clod trying to push his Pujols agenda without saying his name. 

18 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

oh yah?  Who?  give us some names.  

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They absolutely need to lock someone in early.   Waiting on Cole is a recipe for disaster.

I think this where you pick up a very solid second tier pitcher then go to Cole (through Boras, obviously) and say, we laid the foundation, are you in or out? If there is hesitation you go hard after a Wheeler/Ryu/Bumgarner and not be left out in the cold late in the off season. 

It would be nice to get Cole. It would be a disaster to go another off season not putting the best arms in the rotation you can afford because your main target held up the process then bailed.