• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Expect a big trade soon

Troll Daddy

1 hour ago, Rally Gorilla said:

You could be right.    I'm just trying to think of some path that gets us a chance to contend over the next few seasons  w/o totally screwing up the team's future.   What I don't want to see is taking huge risks and/or depleting the farm out of a crisis mindset.       And who knows?   Maybe we can get help in four or five areas and the resulting more balanced team could set the table for the Supernatural's contributions to translate to wins more often.

i think its actually pretty clear actually.  Between FA signings or trades you acquire 2 SPs, and another impact bat, preferably at C. 
If we did that were at least a wild card team in my view. 

Just now, Dick B Back said:

A786801E-CF47-42E0-9381-3F2E808F728D.jpeg

We have a 26th spot on the roster. If Maddon and Pujols can agree that he is better served as a bench player (part timer only at 1B, DH, and PH), we could still carry him without issue. 

Unfortunately, I don’t know that Albert believes that and I’m skeptical that Maddon does or that the team would force the issue until they’re genuinely competing and he’s a significant liability. 

A guy like Albert can’t just be benched without a major issue. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

So let me get this straight.....

A team in rebuild mode would trade someone that just got 2nd in ROY voting?

A 26 year old rookie with no pedigree, a less than stellar track record, and who had a breakout year for a team that is years away from contention.

Do you think they consider him untouchable?

1 minute ago, Fish Oil said:

A 26 year old rookie with no pedigree, a less than stellar track record, and who had a breakout year for a team that is years away from contention.

Do you think they consider him untouchable?

wtf is a pedigree? He's average aged for players coming out of the minors.

Would you trade Trout after his September call up or rookie season with the Angels because he was good but had no track record?

Just an asinine thought process if you're rebuilding. So you trade someone with upside for prospects that may not pan out? Makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

wtf is a pedigree? He's average aged for players coming out of the minors.

Would you trade Trout after his September call up or rookie season with the Angels because he was good but had no track record?

Just an asinine thought process if you're rebuilding. So you trade someone with upside for prospects that may not pan out? Makes zero sense.

Well Mr. Snotty, I'm not a professional armchair GM like you. I threw his name out there because there has been rumors about them shopping him and I was curious about what people thought.

18 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

Well Mr. Snotty, I'm not a professional armchair GM like you. I threw his name out there because there has been rumors about them shopping him and I was curious about what people thought.

So let me get this straight......

You're not an armchair GM but propose trading a ROY candidate during a rebuild? 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Are you having trouble with your own context?

You mention a rebuild and then trading away a solid rookie. You're not that dumb, are you?

I'm not half as stupid as you are sounding. 

Let me repeat what I said earlier. I will try to write slowly to help you understand.

I HAVE READ THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED IN SHOPPING HIM. THEY ARE IN THE INFANCY OF THEIR REBUILD AND WANT TO CONTINUE ADDING PROSPECTS. I THREW HIS NAME OUT THERE TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT.

If you read the above two sentences several times perhaps the actual meaning will sink in? I have my doubts, but please give it a try.

13 hours ago, Fish Oil said:

I'm not half as stupid as you are sounding. 

Let me repeat what I said earlier. I will try to write slowly to help you understand.

I HAVE READ THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED IN SHOPPING HIM. THEY ARE IN THE INFANCY OF THEIR REBUILD AND WANT TO CONTINUE ADDING PROSPECTS. I THREW HIS NAME OUT THERE TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT.

If you read the above two sentences several times perhaps the actual meaning will sink in? I have my doubts, but please give it a try.

Wait....

How does one write slowly on a message board?