• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Texas is better than California

Blarg

10 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

They also have a higher property tax than California. And Ted Cruz.

Hmmm, I haven't done Texas loans in a couple years because they have weird ass laws. It seems to be county dependent as certain areas like Harris County have a "mud" tax or it's broken down into three sections and goes to different places whereas our is just one lump sum to the state twice a year.

But it does look higher than I remember.....but it's just the offset for lower taxes in other departments.

At least neither have NJ tax rates....holy shit.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Hmmm, I haven't done Texas loans in a couple years because they have weird ass laws. It seems to be county dependent as certain areas like Harris County have a "mud" tax or it's broken down into three sections and goes to different places whereas our is just one lump sum to the state twice a year.

But it does look higher than I remember.....but it's just the offset for lower taxes in other departments.

At least neither have NJ tax rates....holy shit.

My knowledge of is from my brother's experience, who was days away from moving to Austin. He crunched the numbers l, and while dollar for dollar between no state tax, and an increase in property tax did favor Texas, and wasn't that big of a gap.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

We looked at Austin back in 2012. Property tax was like 3%

It was pretty crazy time for him. He was having a home already being built out there, had a new job out there, was days away from going out there to live in a hotel for a couple months until the home was done being built, and he could move the rest of his family out. He told his boss about it, the CEO of her s company asked for 24 hours, and then came back to him with an offer so good he cancelled the whole move. He has been chewing my ear off about moving to Austin for years.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

My knowledge of is from my brother's experience, who was days away from moving to Austin. He crunched the numbers l, and while dollar for dollar between no state tax, and an increase in property tax did favor Texas, and wasn't that big of a gap.

It’s definitely higher. I think what is throwing me off is the property values aren’t as high as CA, so the property tax bills were generally always less than us by quite a bit.

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It’s definitely higher. I think what is throwing me off is the property values aren’t as high as CA, so the property tax bills were generally always less than us by quite a bit.

This is true. The house my brother was having built for 600k, would easily go for probably 1.5 million in Orange County.

My best friend moved to Dallas 10 years ago, and bought a beautiful, brand new 2,700 sq ft home for $170k .

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

This is true. The house my my brother was having built for 600k, and would easy go for probably 1.5 million in Orange County.

My best friend moved to Dallas 10 years ago, and bought a beautiful, brand new 2,700 sq ft home for $170k .

Yeah, I didn't do too many high loan balances out there....every now and then you get the 300-400k in a good area of a bigger town, but mostly the small stuff in cities like Pflugerville, etc.

Ironically, one of the biggest loans I have ever seen (most places I have been at had shitty jumbo pricing, so never saw many) on a simple residential property was about 8m on a lake out there. I think the dude that owned it was one of the first big website companies like Babelfish, Bing, or one of the early AOL type sites.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, I didn't do too many high loan balances out there....every now and then you get the 300-400k in a good area of a bigger town, but mostly the small stuff in cities like Pflugerville, etc.

Ironically, one of the biggest loans I have ever seen (most places I have been at had shitty jumbo pricing, so never saw many) on a simple residential property was about 8m on a lake out there. I think the dude that owned it was one of the first big website companies like Babelfish, Bing, or one of the early AOL type sites.

Exactly, there are pockets in places people don't expect where this ridiculous money. Jackson Hole, Wyoming is pretty well known now, but still looking back not a place where you would expect super wealthy people to be. I briefly lived in coeur d'alene, Idaho. For the most part what you would expect from a place in northern Idaho. Combined household income of 50-70k. Can buy a 3 bedroom 1,400 sq ft home for 100k. Then you get to the lake, and there are massive $10mm homes, where they owner probably visits there 2 weeks a year.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Exactly, there are pockets in places people don't expect where this ridiculous money. Jackson Hole, Wyoming is pretty well known now, but still looking back not a place where you would expect super wealthy people to be. I briefly lived in coeur d'alene, Idaho. For the most part what you would expect from a place in northern Idaho. Combined household income of 50-70k. Can buy a 3 bedroom 1,400 sq ft home for 100k. Then you get to the lake, and there are massive $10mm homes, where they owner probably visits there 2 weeks a year.

the area around the lake is gorgeous.

Texas is weird because it feels like several different places at once. In my opinion, Western Texas is about as depressing as it gets. It's pretty much just New Mexico's b-hole. Eastern Texas definitely feels a lot more like the deep south than anything. Central/Northern Texas is basically Kansas with more money and weirder laws, but far more tolerable winters. Dallas might be the best outkick your coverage city in America too. Haven't really spent much time in the Houston/SE Texas area, but who knows, it might be great.

48 minutes ago, Don said:

Texas is weird because it feels like several different places at once. In my opinion, Western Texas is about as depressing as it gets. It's pretty much just New Mexico's b-hole. Eastern Texas definitely feels a lot more like the deep south than anything. Central/Northern Texas is basically Kansas with more money and weirder laws, but far more tolerable winters. Dallas might be the best outkick your coverage city in America too. Haven't really spent much time in the Houston/SE Texas area, but who knows, it might be great.

Houston is humid as hell.  Some nice neighborhoods, no zoning laws.  And every bro out there has croakies and a class ring.