• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

T.G.

22 hours ago, RobotWillie said:

See link and read the post of the user Spacemoth. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/610-which-houston-franchise-will-win-a-title-first.184497/page-6

I admit I am triggered and have started making my rounds around the MLB forums I guess as a means to shame this guy, Spacemoth as his username goes, for saying at least a little of the negative backlash the Astros are getting from the media and fans of other teams has to do with "racism". I am just one of those people who can not stand when that word is used when it does not apply. And such an ignorant and wrong time to use that word is one of those. You know a fan is in self defense/reflect the blame mode when they use that word. As if Houston has more minorities than New York or LA. As if they are better at gender rights. As if they are better at being diverse. I would not like what the Astros have been accused of doing and as strict a punishment be put on them no matter who was on the team, to say its a race thing, yet again, boggles my mind when people throw that word around. You know these Astros fans are getting desperate when they start saying crap like that! 

I know I shouldn't get so triggered, I know its the interwebs, yet I feel the need to share how dumbfounding Astros fans arguments are getting, regardless if they are typing that out hotheaded and not thinking before they do. To do it at all makes me shake my head.

Hilarious.  So he blames the east coast media, the west coast media, and Dallas(????)  Despite being the larger city Houston has always (or at least since the '70's) had this weird inferiority complex when it comes to Dallas.  I think it started with the Cowboys/Oilers.         

Rob Manfred is about to drop the hammer on the Astros.

...Said Manfred Thursday: “We know in at least one instance [my warning] probably wasn’t heeded. We know that now. I think the message was clear.”

There were other ominous signs for the Astros from Manfred this week. While there have been suspicions of other clubs also using technology to steal signs, Manfred said MLB’s focus was limited to Houston at the time. He said that MLB was looking into the 2018 and 2019 seasons, as well.

And, when asked if he would hand down punishment for former Astros assistant GM Brandon Taubmann, fired after verbally abusing female reporters in the Houston clubhouse, and the cheating scandal separately, the commissioner said he would likely hand down punishment on both issues at the same time. He hopes to have it wrapped up before spring training.

The beneficiary of all this stands to be … the Rangers. Well, the Rangers and the rest of the AL West, which have to contend with the Astros. Only a month ago, Houston appeared to be on the brink of a dynasty, an empire.

Now, they are about to lose ace Gerrit Cole. They could soon be without a GM for an extended period and they have no assistant GM. They could go to spring training with an interim manager. Their players are liable to spend six weeks in spring training defending their skills as natural rather than technology-enhanced.

For the Astros, it could be a very dire scenario. For the rest of the West, the Rangers included, Rome could be falling faster than anybody could have foreseen.

45 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Rob Manfred is about to drop the hammer on the Astros.

...Said Manfred Thursday: “We know in at least one instance [my warning] probably wasn’t heeded. We know that now. I think the message was clear.”

There were other ominous signs for the Astros from Manfred this week. While there have been suspicions of other clubs also using technology to steal signs, Manfred said MLB’s focus was limited to Houston at the time. He said that MLB was looking into the 2018 and 2019 seasons, as well.

And, when asked if he would hand down punishment for former Astros assistant GM Brandon Taubmann, fired after verbally abusing female reporters in the Houston clubhouse, and the cheating scandal separately, the commissioner said he would likely hand down punishment on both issues at the same time. He hopes to have it wrapped up before spring training.

The beneficiary of all this stands to be … the Rangers. Well, the Rangers and the rest of the AL West, which have to contend with the Astros. Only a month ago, Houston appeared to be on the brink of a dynasty, an empire.

Now, they are about to lose ace Gerrit Cole. They could soon be without a GM for an extended period and they have no assistant GM. They could go to spring training with an interim manager. Their players are liable to spend six weeks in spring training defending their skills as natural rather than technology-enhanced.

For the Astros, it could be a very dire scenario. For the rest of the West, the Rangers included, Rome could be falling faster than anybody could have foreseen.

That is great news 

1 hour ago, Rally Gorilla said:

I think awarding the 2017 World Series to the Dodgers and making the Houston tanker/cheaters destroy their rings would help make things right.   

But then they'd have to go over to Africa and rip thousands of "Dodgers: 2017 World Champions" t-shirts off the backs of those poor kids who have nothing.  Bad optics.