• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

T.G.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That is absolutely priceless.... 

Dude was born, raised and has his mega-church IN Houston, but there he is sporting a Nationals jersey and a big shit eating grin! 

Comedy gold!

He's a fraud on multiple levels.

Mentioned it the other day, and ill say it again.

Altuves walkoff was huge. Astros fans were on top of the world (rightfully so).

In the span of like 3 weeks, they go from that (and faves to win their second ring in 3 years) to the reporter scandal, choking away an almost sure ring, and now this. Talk about a 180 in fortunes.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

In the span of like 3 weeks, they go from that (and faves to win their second ring in 3 years) to the reporter scandal, choking away an almost sure ring, and now this. Talk about a 180 in fortunes.

Dynasty?

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The real triple crown

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

the more I think about this, the more it makes me smile 

19 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

I’m still curious as to why pitchers’ spin rates reach career bests once they don an Astros uniform.

This is a good question... normally Im not into conspiracies... steroids used to be the scapegoat. 

With all this, it makes you wonder for sure.

I still think there may be other teams just as guilty, though.

Wonder why fiers said anything?

5 hours ago, Kenny said:

I would be very surprised if the Astros were the only team doing this.  Hell, I’d be surprised if most teams weren’t doing some sort of cheating like this.  It’s just too easy to get away with.

Sign stealing? Sure. Electronically? I doubt most are, although I’m sure some are. The Red Sox got busted for using an Apple Watch to try to steal signs in 2017. The Brewers and Rangers are rumored to have done so.

I doubt the Angels do. Neither Moreno or Scioscia seem like they’d stand for something like that, but that’s just my opinion. So the only time they could’ve, if that’s true, is last year. Plus, I don’t think the Angels front office is quite that sophisticated. 

But I don’t think anyone is doing it nearly to the degree as the Astros.

1125862C-7CE0-486A-8720-7EFD302BDE46.jpeg.9737a3a71a1fc3151546fc3fdf52e9a7.jpeg

Note how the Astros’ k rate went from worst to first in 2017. Even under the assumption that they were tanking previously, no one gets that much better that quickly. Also look how they compare to everyone else:

65CE868C-3ADF-40E8-A4A0-A8F5D0BE1DF6.png.22d3d370f8793705b44613678251b49d.png

The difference between the Stros and the second place team (66 k’s) is about the difference between the second and seventh (60) or eighth place teams (71). 

They weren’t quite as dominant in 2018 (2nd overall), but they were back solidly in first this season. 

If other teams are doing this, they clearly aren’t as good at it.