• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alabama Waffle House customers pitch in to help lone employee

Due to a scheduling snafu, a single employee was left to work alone at a Waffle House in Birmingham, AL. A customer came in at about 12:30 AM. About 30 people were in the restaurant. He noticed that one employee was taking orders, cooking food and waiting tables. He and other customers pitched in to help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019/11/11/lone-employee-busy-alabama-waffle-house-was-swamped-so-customers-jumped-behind-counter-help

A customer jumped behind the counter to help at a Waffle House in Birmingham, Ala., on Nov. 3 when the restaurant was slammed with just one employee working. (Ethan Crispo)

Customers jumped behind the counter to help a lone employee who was swamped on the midnight shift at a Waffle House in Birmingham, Ala. (Ethan Crispo)

My wife and I stopped into a Dennys many years ago after midnight in Salt Lake and the service was horrendous. After waiting for 20 minutes for a server we asked some people if it's always this bad. They laughed and said yes and that's why they come in, serve themselves coffee, talk for an hour or two then leave without paying. Nobody ever comes to their table to check on them. When we left we saw the manager in booth talking to an employee that wasn't doing anything either. 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My wife and I stopped into a Dennys many years ago after midnight in Salt Lake and the service was horrendous. After waiting for 20 minutes for a server we asked some people if it's always this bad. They laughed and said yes and that's why they come in, serve themselves coffee, talk for an hour or two then leave without paying. Nobody ever comes to their table to check on them. When we left we saw the manager in booth talking to an employee that wasn't doing anything either. 

Wait... something was open after midnight in Salt Lake?

Side note, Salt Lake was kind of dope outside of their weird ass alcohol restrictions and memberships for bars...which are essentially free, you just need to fill out a form for each place if I remember correctly.

Went out there many years ago with a buddy for a weekend snowboarding trip with the plan to hit Vegas on the way back for the Super Bowl. It was fun and the first place I ever saw a movie theater with a bar in it, back then. I ended up meeting some model the last night I was there and we fooled around, but I was leaving in the morning so we made Vegas in time for the Super Bowl. Her and I stayed in touch and had somewhat of a long distance relationship where I went out there. I still hate the weak pours and stickers on their beers, but that chick was beyond fun and most of the people out there are repressed so they are fun and let loose too. Wouldn't expect it, but also kind of do.

Plus, the snowboarding out there was fucking killer. I had never been to a place where the lift takes you up and after that you're on your own and can choose anyway to get down that you choose. Park City is commercialized and has grated slopes like we do out here, but most of the spots out there let you explore and run amuck. Great experience.

Having lived in Utah the last 14 years, I’ve seen a definite change. More outsiders like myself moving in and more people leaving the Mormon church. Salt Lake itself is less than 50 percent Mormon now but the church still has a pretty strong grip on the state government. They did however allow beer to go from 3.2 percent up to 4 percent by weight recently....progress I guess.

Still white as snow out here though.

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Having lived in Utah the last 14 years, I’ve seen a definite change. More outsiders like myself moving in and more people leaving the Mormon church. Salt Lake itself is less than 50 percent Mormon now but the church still has a pretty strong grip on the state government. They did however allow beer to go from 3.2 percent up to 4 percent by weight recently....progress I guess.

So I don't get this whole beer abv thing, because I've had this, and it's 7%

Hop Nosh IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd 
Hop Nosh IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd http://untp.beer/reWX

They also have a double IPA that is 9.5%

Detour Double IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd 
Detour Double IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd http://untp.beer/wXdz

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Here in Idaho there is also a large Mormon community but obviously not like Utah.

With respect to alcohol I know the Mormons don't partake but they do like to make money, so the government will act accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Here in Idaho there is also a large Mormon community but obviously not like Utah.

With respect to alcohol I know the Mormons don't partake but they do like to make money, so the government will act accordingly.

There’s a common joke in Utah about alcohol and Mormon girls. What happens when someone shows up with beer to a party? The Mormon girls put their shirts back on and leave. 

13 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

So I don't get this whole beer abv thing, because I've had this, and it's 7%

Hop Nosh IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd 
Hop Nosh IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd http://untp.beer/reWX

They also have a double IPA that is 9.5%

Detour Double IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd 
Detour Double IPA Uinta Brewing Company on Untappd http://untp.beer/wXdz

Hey @Kevin I appreciate the like/heart and all, but I was hoping you might actually have an answer. How can brewery in Utah make beers with higher abv than what you can actually purchase in the state?

28 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Hey @Kevin I appreciate the like/heart and all, but I was hoping you might actually have an answer. How can brewery in Utah make beers with higher abv than what you can actually purchase in the state?

Oops sorry I intended to respond last night. I should have clarified. The recent increase was for grocery stores. Used to be even lower which caused a lot of controversy. The state had no problem though with customers going through them for higher content. As Jay said, religious influence condemns it but they have no problem making money off it. This is from the alcohol laws in Utah Wikipedia page.

Current Utah law sets a limit of 4.0 percent alcohol by weight (5% ABV) in beer sold at grocery and convenience stores and at establishments operating under a "beer only" type license, such as taverns, beer bars and some restaurants.[5] Beer over 4.0 percent by weight (5% ABV) is available in State Liquor Stores and Package Agencies and at clubs and restaurants licensed to sell liquor.[2][5]

I’m no expert so hopefully this answers your question.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Oops sorry I intended to respond last night. I should have clarified. The recent increase was for grocery stores. Used to be even lower which caused a lot of controversy. The state had no problem though with customers going through them for higher content. As Jay said, religious influence condemns it but they have no problem making money off it. This is from the alcohol laws in Utah Wikipedia page.

Current Utah law sets a limit of 4.0 percent alcohol by weight (5% ABV) in beer sold at grocery and convenience stores and at establishments operating under a "beer only" type license, such as taverns, beer bars and some restaurants.[5] Beer over 4.0 percent by weight (5% ABV) is available in State Liquor Stores and Package Agencies and at clubs and restaurants licensed to sell liquor.[2][5]

I’m no expert so hopefully this answers your question.

IBPE-1.gif