• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DACA

St1ck

8 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Fair enough @Lhalo, I now know your character, and ethics. You are not the type of person I would ever be associated with, and the exact opposite of the type of characteristics I would hope to teach my son.

Just make sure someone besides you teaches him math. 

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Obama punted? He is the one that did something for them. 

Dems did it for show? They have had a couple deals agreed upon with Trump when they held no power to give him money for his border wall, and he backed away from both times. They now control the house, pass a clean bill with their new attached, and you say it is for show.

Republicans? Have done fucking absolutely nothing, and Trump has used them as pawns for a campaign promise for a border wall that the links I provided prove  

So I'm asking again, how is this a both sides issue?

This issue has been hanging around for over 30 years. There’s been a lot of posturing on both sides and very little actually done in concrete terms to bring any kind of reasonable solution to this problem. 

I don’t know if building a wall is the right answer but I’m willing to give it a try as long as they also create several points of legal entry (think Ellis Island) so that the flow of immigrants is done in a legal and orderly way.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

This issue has been hanging around for over 30 years. There’s been a lot of posturing on both sides and very little actually done in concrete terms to bring any kind of reasonable solution to this problem. 

Agreed this has been been going on for over 39 years. Disagree that there has been very little done on both sides. This thread I started is exactly about something that has been done by one side, and what the other side has been done to undermind it..

25 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

This country can’t afford poor migrants from every part of the Latin 3rd World. We are trillions upon trillions of dollars in debt. We need to take care of our own citizens first. 

This is irrelevant to DACA. They aren't adding trillions to our national debt, pointless wars in the Middle east are.

You say we need to take care of our citizens first, but I'm going to guess I can pull up multiple commens from you against universal health care.

So I ask you, would ending DACA be a benefit to our country?

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Man there's been some spice in the political board lately!

Tapatio is the unarguably the best hot sauce ever made. It goes well with obviously Mexican food, but also pasta dishes, and BBQ. I'll argue to the death anyone that disagrees.

9 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

This is irrelevant to DACA. They aren't adding trillions to our national debt, pointless wars in the Middle east are.

You say we need to take care of our citizens first, but I'm going to guess I can pull up multiple commens from you against universal health care.

Not wanting government to run my health care doesn’t mean I don’t care about my fellow citizens. It just means I disagree that it would be beneficial. 
I agree that our military adventures are breaking the bank but so is Social Security, Medicare, welfare and illegal immigration amongst other things. Our government steals enough of my money and neither your bleeding heart or some poem slapped on a statue will convince me that I want to be taxed more. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

exactly. painting those against allowing government the power to control healthcare as uncaring is straight out of the lib playbook.

I said in a different thread I'm not a Medicare for all guy. The reason I brought up universal health care, because I found his "take care of our citizens first" comment to be disingenuous.

In 1986 a pathway to citizenship was given to almost 3M illegal immigrants and that was supposed to be a one time deal.  Today it's estimated that there are at least 11M illegal immigrants in the country because the federal government hasn't done it's job.  Anyone brought here as a child who is protected under DACA that doesn't have a record should be allowed to stay and given a pathway to citizenship.   I'm not going to vilify people who want a better life but the reason people are traveling through multiple countries or from other continents then through Mexico to try to get into the US isn't because of the American dream it's because of what taxpayers provide.  It's long past time for some kind of a solution to illegal immigration rather than elected officials on both sides punting and using it as a talking point.  No country can absorb largely uneducated and unskilled workers coming in and some countries who criticize the US have far stricter immigration policies.  It's time for our elected officials to put America first when it comes to this issue because that's their job but you wouldn't know it based on their actions and talking points.

46 minutes ago, floplag said:

One can only hope that we one day care about the homeless and veterans like we do DACA folks... I wonder why one is so much more important than the others. 
Just FYI, thats one of those rhetorical questions folks dont bother answering, we all know the why.

The homeless have never had it so good in this country.

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

In 1986 a pathway to citizenship was given to almost 3M illegal immigrants and that was supposed to be a one time deal.  Today it's estimated that there are at least 11M illegal immigrants in the country because the federal government hasn't done it's job.  Anyone brought here as a child who is protected under DACA that doesn't have a record should be allowed to stay and given a pathway to citizenship.   I'm not going to vilify people who want a better life but the reason people are traveling through multiple countries or from other continents then through Mexico to try to get into the US isn't because of the American dream it's because of what taxpayers provide.  It's long past time for some kind of a solution to illegal immigration rather than elected officials on both sides punting and using it as a talking point.  No country can absorb largely uneducated and unskilled workers coming in and some countries who criticize the US have far stricter immigration policies.  It's time for our elected officials to put America first when it comes to this issue because that's their job but you wouldn't know it based on their actions and talking points.

The problem is that none of the leaders (both sides!) want to turn off the spigot of illegals crossing the border. The left want the votes and the right want the cheap labor force. Meanwhile Joe Six Pack takes it in the rear in taxes paying for these people's healthcare and kids. 

22 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The homeless have never had it so good in this country.

This is what happens when there are no consequences and we cater to them

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's unfortunate that the government doesn't provide any services to homeless people.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTutugZ68xFpYPCJRpIxPU

https://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/CDSS-Programs/Housing-Programs/CalWORKs-Homeless-Assistance

https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/5889

https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/individuals/Pages/SUD_County_Access_Lines.aspx

Edited by Lhalo