• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DACA

St1ck

8 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

So funny how all these supposedly “real” news organizations flat out lie about DACA, saying Trump rescinded it, Trump cancelled it, Trump ended it, Trump revokes it. . .

Uh, it expired, exactly as it was designed to do.  It’s right in the name:  Deferred Action.  Meaning we will do something on this at a later date.

So it expired.  Trump looked Congress in the face and said it was now their responsibility to pass real legislation to deal with the situation for real.

The Democrats in Congress do not want a solution.  They want the divisive, unresolved issue because it is more politically valuable for them.

Trump is literally the only person in Washington driving DACA to a real solution.  He drove it right up to the front door of Congress and pounded on the door.  They are hiding.

Cowards.

7 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

This is bullshit. He let it expire because he wanted to use them as pawns to get money for his boarder wall. He actually had a deal in place that would have given him $20billion, but had to scrap it once he lost his leverage when the courts jumped in.

On Saturday, the president offered three-year extensions of two immigration programs important to Democrats in exchange for his $5.7 billion demand for border wall funding. The border structure is the sticking point in getting 800,000 furloughed federal employees back to work as his stalemate with Democrats — approaching a month in length — continues.

Trump raises possibility of amnesty, a move that could further infuriate his base
https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/move-likely-infuriate-base-trump-suddenly-endorses-amnesty

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Dreamers should be able to stay.

congress is as much to blame as Trump

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Dream and Promise Act: House Democrats pass immigration bill - Vox
https://www.vox.com/2019/6/4/18650672/house-democrats-dream-and-promise-act

White House clarifies Trump comments on 'clean' DACA bill
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-clarifies-trump-comments-on-clean-daca-bill

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, half of congress did something.  It was for show, but it was something 

A Dem started the program, a Dem led house put forth a clean bill to bill to protect it. Please inform me what I am missing.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Obama punted.  Dems passed a bill they 100% knew wouldn't get signed or approved in the senate.

i don't excuse reps on this 

Obama punted? He is the one that did something for them. 

Dems did it for show? They have had a couple deals agreed upon with Trump when they held no power to give him money for his border wall, and he backed away from both times. They now control the house, pass a clean bill with their new attached, and you say it is for show.

Republicans? Have done fucking absolutely nothing, and Trump has used them as pawns for a campaign promise for a border wall that the links I provided prove  

So I'm asking again, how is this a both sides issue?

21 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Obama punted? He is the one that did something for them. 

Dems did it for show? They have had a couple deals agreed upon with Trump when they held no power to give him money for his border wall, and he backed away from both times. They now control the house, pass a clean bill with their new attached, and you say it is for show.

Republicans? Have done fucking absolutely nothing, and Trump has used them as pawns for a campaign promise for a border wall that the links I provided prove  

So I'm asking again, how is this a both sides issue?

Yes, they accomplished nothing.  Yes, most of this crap is for show.

Eppler could offer Cole 1$ a year and then claim he tried to sign him.  That is basically what the Dems did.

dont forget though, when it comes to government I think most of what all of them do is for show.  I am completely cynical.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yes, they accomplished nothing.  Yes, most of this crap is for show.

Eppler could offer Cole 1$ a year and then claim he tried to sign him.  That is basically what the Dems did.

dont forget though, when it comes to government I think most of what all of them do is for show.  I am completely cynical.

I'm sorry MT, but they didn't "accomplish nothing." They did the only thing they could do , which is pass a clean bill. If this was the only thing they had ever done then I would agree with you, but it isn't. I have posted links above how they had on 2 separate occasions come to agreement with Trump to give funds for a border wall in order to save the program. This happened when they were not in power of anything. Both times Trump pulled back the deal. How many times do they have to figure for something, until you admit it is not just for show?

26 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

With people in DACA. What should we do with them?

Allow the ones here to stay. If they have criminal records they go. The issue for me is allowing illegal immigration to continue making it a never ending issue. The other option is open borders and just let everyone in

20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I'm sorry MT, but they didn't "accomplish nothing." They did the only thing they could do , which is pass a clean bill. If this was the only thing they had ever done then I would agree with you, but it isn't. I have posted links above how they had on 2 separate occasions come to agreement with Trump to give funds for a border wall in order to save the program. This happened when they were not in power of anything. Both times Trump pulled back the deal. How many times do they have to figure for something, until you admit it is not just for show?

No need to be sorry.  It has been an extremely long time since I trusted any politician or thought they had any real intentions other than to keep and gain power.

if they wanted to make a deal, then there would be one, and by they I mean the federal government.  

15 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

No need to be sorry.  It has been an extremely long time since I trusted any politician or thought they had any real intentions other than to keep and gain power.

if they wanted to make a deal, then there would be one, and by they I mean the federal government.  

I don't give a fuck how long it has been since you have trusted a politician. This isn't about you. This is about the 800,000 people in the DACA. You keep making claims about it being about both sides, even though you don't have a single shred of facts to back it up. We are in agreement, we both are cool with "dreamers" staying. One side has activity worked for it, while the other side has worked against it . 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:25 PM, st1ckboy said:

If the SCOTUS rules in favor of Trump, and it is determined that all the "dreamers" should be deported, are you ok with this? 

Why would they be deported unless they came to the attention of law enforcement ?  They would be like all the other undocumented folks that are already here.  

3 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

Why would they be deported unless they came to the attention of law enforcement ?  They would be like all the other undocumented folks that are already here.  

This should help any questions you have:

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals