• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DACA

St1ck

So it looks like the fate of the DACA  program could be decided by the SC this week. Curious to what everyone's thoughts are on it. Do you want it to stay, or to end?

Supreme Court to hear arguments on Dreamers in case against Trump's move to end DACA
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-hear-arguments-dreamers-case-against-trump-s-move-n1079311

Any decent view of this is simple amnesty and that’s it.  No ones life improves if these people rounded up and sent home.  And the idea that some lesson is taught is ridiculous.  What ? They’re going to stop coming because these people are evicted from the country ? It’s just cruelty for its own sake.  For no purpose.  Most of these people are here as a consequence of circumstances they had no control over.  They’re integrated into our communities.  Who gives a fuc*k.  

stop immigration if it’s such a problem by punishing the people that draw them here.  

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Maybe if we stop making up fanciful names for illegal immigrants the issues relating to them could be resolved. 

If the SCOTUS rules in favor of Trump, and it is determined that all the "dreamers" should be deported, are you ok with this? 

Also, I’ve posted here before that i genuinely dislike stupid acronyms like “dreamers” that serve no purpose other then antagonizing meat headed morons.  No ones heart is changed by a dip shit slogan like “dreamers” if you’re  cruel asshole you are what you are.  Calling them dreamers won’t change it.  

they’re just people like anyone else.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, I’ve posted here before that i genuinely dislike stupid acronyms like “dreamers” that serve no purpose other then antagonizing meat headed morons.  No ones heart is changed by a dip shit slogan like “dreamers” if you’re  cruel asshole you are what you are.  Calling them dreamers won’t change it.  

"Dreamers" isn't an acronym. DACA is though.

I mean if we aren’t going to open the borders at least for Mexico and Canada, which I’d prefer, then we should probably grant citizenship to everyone currently here if the government is going to crack down on immigration in the future. They’re already part of the economy. 

8 hours ago, Adam said:

I mean if we aren’t going to open the borders at least for Mexico and Canada, which I’d prefer, then we should probably grant citizenship to everyone currently here if the government is going to crack down on immigration in the future. They’re already part of the economy. 

While I don't necessarily agree with you about opening the boarder for CA, and MX, I agree with just leaving the DACA crew left the f*ck alone. They aren't hurting anyone , and  removing them from the country improve a no one's lives, and only confirms the fact those that are for it, are less interested in immigration reform, and are more interested in being dicks.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Dehumanizing browns cause they’re breathing in the United States is cool trick. 

Any decent view of this is simple amnesty and that’s it.  No ones life improves if these people rounded up and sent home.  And the idea that some lesson is taught is ridiculous.  What ? They’re going to stop coming because these people are evicted from the country ? It’s just cruelty for its own sake.  For no purpose.  Most of these people are here as a consequence of circumstances they had no control over.  They’re integrated into our communities.  Who gives a fuc*k.  

stop immigration if it’s such a problem by punishing the people that draw them here.  

https://www.grammarly.com

I am mixed on this one.

The kids or young adults who are here thru no fault or action of their own and i have no issue with granting those who have been productive or positive in society a chance.  I do not support amnesty, Give them a provisional visa thats dependent upon them staying productive/positive and let them go thru the process of legal immigration while continuing to be those things, not just a sign off one and done thing and it should be forfeit should they ever fall out of grace so to speak. 

I do not however support granting it to those who broke the law to get here and giving entire families a pass.  But the kids or young adults who know nothing else and have integrated into society, im not opposed.

Lets be real though, not all of them are positive/productive any more than not all natural borns are.  Its silly to call them all criminal of course, but equally silly to assume none are.  Any with a criminal record should be immediately disqualified, period.

Oh and can we please not confuse this with immigration.  Why do people go out of their way to forget the "illegal" part of this, they are not the same thing.  If you are here illegally you are not a migrant, a refugee, or an immigrant, you are an illegal alien.  I'm sorry (not sorry) if that word offends some but it doesn't change the factual nature of it.  

People that were brought here illegally by there parents, when they were young, should get a pass and get to stay. If they have an extensive or violent criminal record then they get the boot. Keeping the program going from this point forward will only encourage more people to come here illegally. Hell, it’s what i would do as a parent if I lived in Mexico or Central America. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Keeping the program going from this point forward will only encourage more people to come here illegally. Hell, it’s what i would do as a parent if I lived in Mexico or Central America. 

This is untrue. It doesn't apply for any child that has crossed the border in recent years.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals