• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Epplers “wide net” is baby brained BS

UndertheHalo

I get that he doesn’t say much and maybe he shouldn’t say anything but if anyone read that and thought “that sounds smart” then please stop commenting on the Angels forever.  The Angels must sign at least one of Cole, Strasburg or Wheeler.  Failure to do so means that Epplers time at the Big A has come to an end.  The Angels have maybe 5 years to do something with Mike Trout.  This isn’t an open ended thing.  There isn’t plenty of time.  Spend what has to be spent and make this shit happen.  Now. 

Eppler has been pretty good at making trades, but he has shown that he's pretty bad at signing big named FA's, whether striking out on signing them or signing the wrong ones. 

This year there is a smorgasbord of top tiered talent and we're talking the type of FA's that this team needs. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

What if none of those three pitchers choose the Angels as their destination? Or their contract demands are simply an unwise investment? 

I prefer the wide net over trying to catch just one particular fish. 

Point here is, if he strikes out again in signing a couple of top tiered FA's it's on him because Arte has said and shown in his fire of Ausmus and hire of Maddon that he's sick and tired of losing. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What if none of those three pitchers choose the Angels as their destination? Or their contract demands are simply an unwise investment? 

I prefer the wide net over trying to catch just one particular fish. 

Then Eppler is a failure.  The Angels should hand out a massive contract to get a pitcher this offseason if that’s not enough to get one of the top 3 guys then it’s a disaster and it’s Eppler who has to be accountable for it.  Winning 84 games doesn’t do anything for the team.  They have to get a top tier pitcher. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Eppler has been pretty good at making trades, but he has shown that he's pretty bad at signing big named FA's, whether striking out on signing them or signing the wrong ones. 

This year there is a smorgasbord of top tiered talent and we're talking the type of FA's that this team needs. 

When has he tried to sign big named free agents?

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Then Eppler is a failure.  The Angels should hand out  massive contract to a pitcher this offseason if that’s not enough to get one of the top 3 guys then it’s a disaster.  Winning 84 games doesn’t do anything for the team.  They have to get a top tier pitcher. 

This is true.

Arte takes a majority of the blame over the past few seasons with his lack of financial commitment to winning, leaving Eppler to find bargain basement guys via FA and making trades. 

This year if he strikes out on putting together a good contending team that can sustain success over the next 3-5 years, he's a huge failure and he'll obviously be fired by mid-season or his contract as GM will not renewed at season end. 

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

You guys will all be standing in line to blow Eppler if he signs Cole....  But it's Arte that will ultimately be responsible .... Is he willing to set the record for a SP after signing the richest contract in pro sports ... I love Epp, but this is Arte's offseason.

I mean fair enough.  For a guy like Cole Arte will largely be responsible.  But it still seems to me that Eppler will be the one who is orchestrating the offseason.  So to speak. 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean fair enough.  For a guy like Cole Arte will largely be responsible.  But it still seems to me that Eppler will be the one who is orchestrating the offseason.  So to speak. 

Hes definitely gonna be the one yapping..  But Arte is gonna be the one teliing him what he can ultimately offer.  Btw, kudos on using baby brained in the title... Made me laugh and yeah... it (wide net BS), reads super silly.  I mean, I get why he's saying it but it still eye roll worthy...