• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Boredom

wopphil

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I don’t know man that soccer game st1ck was at looked sick 

My kid plays for a Mission Viejo team, so most of his games are against other south OC teams, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Irvine, Newport, etc.... Every game I go to I get to overhear conversations of parents that are far, far more successful than I'll ever be. These conversations included one of the parents trying to decide if they should spend Christmas in Bora Bora this year, or Fiji,  looking into buying a second home in Lake Tahoe, just got back from a 3 week trip from Sweden where I'm looking to expand my business.

Between that, and my kid spending  95% of the game on the bench, because he is such a liability to the team's success, I feel like such a loser after every game.

Yesterday was the last game of the season, but they will be playing a tournament in December. I'll send you an invite.

I have immersed myself in history books depicting the timeline between the discovery of the New World and the American Revolution. I find the Seven Years War particularly fascinating. I've gone down the rabbit hole on the subject and am currently searching for out of print books referenced from other books I've read already. To keep track of the names, places and events I've used a brain mapping app that I can use to reference things that may be forgotten. Mid-life boredom is no joke and the struggle is real.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, wopphil said:

How do you guys deal with aging/boredom? Travel? Hobbies? Drugs? Booze? Exercise? Any advice?

I try to find things I can get totally lost in.  It can be almost anything (hopefully something legal and healthy).  For me that's bass fishing. Everything from the equipment to the techniques used to catch bass. I remember when I decided to learn how to bass fish - it was all consuming.  I read and watched everything I could.  I talked to the guys at the tackle shop.  I fished as often as I could.  I eventually got to be an okay fisherman.  It took time and effort and it still does.  It's MY thing.  I think about bass fishing all the time...

My wife and I also love traveling to National Parks.  It's OUR thing.  We love spending the day looking for wildlife, taking photos. It's all about getting that perfect photo.  There's something special for us in starting out on a trip, not knowing what we might see and then going out and seeing some of the most incredible nature one can imagine. 

At the end of the day, life is all about creating memories (for us).  Those things that you never forget - that you always talk about and share. 

@wopphil good luck with your journey. 

Something to keep in mind.  Sometimes the routine seems boring until adversity hits you in the face. Speaking from experience... when that happens - you miss the boring, old routines and want nothing more than to just get back to that.  So... keep that in mind.

14 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I try to find things I can get totally lost in.  It can be almost anything (hopefully something legal and healthy).  For me that's bass fishing. Everything from the equipment to the techniques used to catch bass. I remember when I decided to learn how to bass fish - it was all consuming.  I read and watched everything I could.  I talked to the guys at the tackle shop.  I fished as often as I could.  I eventually got to be an okay fisherman.  It took time and effort and it still does.  It's MY thing.  I think about bass fishing all the time...

rare video of true grich fishing:

epic fail GIF

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

I have this couch in the garage I always jerk off on.  I don't really recommend any else to sit on it.

Man, any time I hear garage-couch combo I think of this one chick from Oregon back in the day. This chick was a complete smoke show who after I met while in different cars flashed me and I knew it was on. 

I started to write a whole synopsis of this chick and our engagements, but it's not suitable here. But it did involve someone else's garage couch, among other things.