• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Passan: Many teams looking for catching help believe Willson Contreras will be available

mmc

Just now, floplag said:

If thats even remotely true Epp needs to be on the phones figuring out what that might cost.  You dont do it unless you plan to extend him though and thats going to cost.  Only under contract 1 more year so it may not cost the farm, but its gonna hurt. 

He's under contract through 2022. 

I don't think we match up well with them personally.  My guess is that they still want to win and will be looking for the same thing we are in club controlled major league starting pitching which we don't have to give up.  They'll probably want Canning plus and I think that would be a bad idea.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I don't think we match up well with them personally.  My guess is that they still want to win and will be looking for the same thing we are in club controlled major league starting pitching which we don't have to give up.  They'll probably want Canning plus and I think that would be a bad idea.  

Also a good point. 

I'd love to have him but it just seems incredibly unlikely.

Would they take Heaney instead? No. But one can dream.

Just now, RBM said:

The Cubs would probably want to include Heyward to get out from his contract 3/65 left. They need starting pitching like we do And they want a 2B to replace Russell. 
So something like Contreras, Heyward and Russell for Fletcher, Adell And Canning will get the conversation started.
It’s a pass for me. 

You seriously think the Cubs are going to ask for Adell + for Contreras + dumping a bad contract and a wifebeater?  You can’t actually believe that.

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

The Cubs would probably want to include Heyward to get out from his contract 3/65 left. They need starting pitching like we do And they want a 2B to replace Russell. 
So something like Contreras, Heyward and Russell for Fletcher, Adell And Canning will get the conversation started.
It’s a pass for me. 

tom delonge wtf GIF

7 minutes ago, RBM said:

It’s a pass for me. 

ill i feel sick GIF

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

It’s a pass for me. 

that's a conversation ender btw.  not a starter.  

BTW, Heyward has 4/86 left and he's worse than Wil Myers.  

I wouldn't trade Suarez for Contreras and Heyward.  

Cubs will have plenty of interest in moving Quintana or Chatwood, or even Darvish or Hendricks too. They need to clear payroll. Honestly even Lester could emerge as an option if he’s particularly fond of Maddon. Heyward does not need to be involved. Kimbrel could even be on the table.

Due to the fact they need help relieving salary, the Angels can work a lot of different frameworks here. Yes, the cost will be high, but there is a lot of win-win here for both clubs. 

Edited by totdprods

37 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Cubs will have plenty of interest in moving Quintana or Chatwood, or even Darvish or Hendricks too. They need to clear payroll. Honestly even Lester could emerge as an option if he’s particularly fond of Maddon. Heyward does not need to be involved. Kimbrel could even be on the table.

Due to the fact they need help relieving salary, the Angels can work a lot of different frameworks here. Yes, the cost will be high, but there is a lot of win-win here for both clubs. 

incredulous questioning GIF

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

that's a conversation ender btw.  not a starter.  

BTW, Heyward has 4/86 left and he's worse than Wil Myers.  

I wouldn't trade Suarez for Contreras and Heyward.  

I want nothing to do with Heyward, but that’s BS.  Heyward has been worth 5 fWAR over the last 3 years compared to Myers 3 fWAR, and was worth 1.9 last season compared to Myers 0.5 despite Myers playing in more games.