• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Astros FO drama

- Nolan done as executive advisor

- Reid Ryan demoted from team president

- Jared Crane (Jim's son) promoted to team president (Reid's old role)

Per Nolan "I will not be back with the club, and I'll leave it at that."

Sounds amicable:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/11/07/big-shift-astros-front-office-reid-ryan-nolan-ryan/

Implosion underway?

By 2021, Verlander and Grienke will be ages 38 and 37.    Cole is out of there.   Miley tanked in September.   Correa may never get over his back troubles.   Yordan Alvarez was exposed in the post-season.

Maybe by 2021 or 2022, the Halos do take over the division, assuming Cole signs here and team injuries return to a normal rate? 

Edited by Angel Oracle

6 hours ago, RBM said:

Jim Crane's release said Ryan was in a new role as Executive Advisor of Business Relations and then Ryan is reached for comment and says he won't be back with the club. Another bad look for Astros ownership.

I think Crane's release was referring to Reid.  Nolan's been little more than a figurehead since rejoining the Astros.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers welcome him back with some token title.  Probably contingent on giving Reid a job in the mail room or something.

When Ryan was with the Rangers they went to two World Series. Then there was a falling out with Daniels, Ryan left and the Rangers tanked.

Now Ryan has been part of the Astros for two World Series bids and again, a falling out with upper management and he has resigned.

We can only hope for history repeating itself. 

Our record of getting there is worse. Going once in nearly 60 years is not a record you should be promoting as a real achievement when only the Mariners have a worse franchise record. We are currently tied with the Nationals, Brewers, Ray's, Rockies and Diamondbacks for appearances.