• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WS Champs Nationals visit the White House

8 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

That middle pic is a Rolling Stone cover waiting to happen...Suzuki is not the first and he won't be the last haha

That was Trump's move in a dark bathroom stall back in the Studio 54 days in the 80s.

Didn't matter whether it was a man or a woman.

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

He agrees with my Rolling Stone cover idea?  Sweet...

You know exactly what you were trying to portray in your post. 

Joe Biden is endearing when he touches people like he does, but Trump is a pulling out moves from Studio 54 back in the 80's. 

Got it. 

40 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Such an honor to go to the White House and be given praise by the POTUS after winning a championship, whether you like the guy or not. 

This, 100% this.  It isnt about politics, never has been, its about celebration of achievement and it is an honor.
Whoever the man in the office is does not change that. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

This, 100% this.  It isnt about politics, never has been, its about celebration of achievement and it is an honor.
Whoever the man in the office is does not change that. 

Is it about politics when one of the players wears a campaign hat? 

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

The visit isnt about politics... obviously certain things within it can be, but the decision to go or not go, and the visit itself, are not, no. 

I disagree. There have been plenty of players that have decided not to go because of politics. 

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I disagree. There have been plenty of players that have decided not to go because of politics. 

and they made it about politics.
If the visit itself were he would only invite those who supported him, that isnt how this has ever worked.
There is no campaign rhetoric or any of that bullshit, attendance doent imply support for the person... its a celebration of sport. 
Until recent events where people decided to make it political, since literally everything is to some, one had nothing to do with the other. 

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

and they made it about politics.
If the visit itself were he would only invite those who supported him, that isnt how this has ever worked.
There is no campaign rhetoric or any of that bullshit, attendance doent imply support for the person... its a celebration of sport. 
Until recent events where people decided to make it political, since literally everything is to some, one had nothing to do with the other. 

This isn't a recent thing, although it does happen more often with Trump. 

https://theweek.com/articles/460872/18-athletes-who-refused-visit-white-house

29 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

This isn't a recent thing, although it does happen more often with Trump. 

https://theweek.com/articles/460872/18-athletes-who-refused-visit-white-house

I'm aware of that, and i disagreed with them at the time as well.
Recently it has become fashionable, even expected.  People calling for Suzuki to be  released over it?  Are you kidding me?