• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Jo Rabbit

13 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Word on the street was that Disney was concerned about acquiring a movie about Nazi's and a boy who talks to Hitler and considered shelving it or selling it off

Speaking of which,  Matt Clement is just about to take the Katella exit ramp.

Meanwhile, Disney is expanding the distribution of this film and entered it in the TIFF where it won the audience award. That's a far cry from shelving it, no?

I am a huge Taika Waititi fan (we named our Husky Taika).  Looking forward to watching this movie.

Also, Taika Waititi is a New Zealand Polynesian Jew.  Can't imagine there are many of those.

Edit: lol, there really aren't many

In the 2013 New Zealand Census, 6,867 individuals professed an affiliation with Judaism, out of the total New Zealand population of 4.5 million.[2] The majority of New Zealand Jews reside in Auckland and Wellington.

3 hours ago, junkorama said:

Speaking of which,  Matt Clement is just about to take the Katella exit ramp.

Meanwhile, Disney is expanding the distribution of this film and entered it in the TIFF where it won the audience award. That's a far cry from shelving it, no?

They aren't shelving it.  But they aren't really advertising it either.  If Sully didn't bring it up, I wouldn't have known this film existed, and probably wouldn't have even bothered with it.  And it's not like I don't see my share of different genre movies at the theater with various previews.  Heck, I don't even think I've seen a billboard for it, outside or in the theater.  

This definitely seems like a word of mouth or nothing type film.  

Here is how odd this film is being put out.  It's been out for a few weeks, but rottentomatoes lists it's in theaters november 8th, so hopefully it's going wide because of the good word of mouth?  Actually, looking at IMDB, it's out in 256 theaters.  It's like Disney doesn't want a parody of Walts childhood to come out.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

They aren't shelving it.  But they aren't really advertising it either.  If Sully didn't bring it up, I wouldn't have known this film existed, and probably wouldn't have even bothered with it.  And it's not like I don't see my share of different genre movies at the theater with various previews.  Heck, I don't even think I've seen a billboard for it, outside or in the theater.  

short of this thread, i hadn't heard of it either.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Here is how odd this film is being put out.  It's been out for a few weeks, but rottentomatoes lists it's in theaters november 8th, so hopefully it's going wide because of the good word of mouth?  Actually, looking at IMDB, it's out in 256 theaters.  It's like Disney doesn't want a parody of Walts childhood to come out.

31 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don't think any of this shows that Disney is trying to hide this film at all.

This film was never going to be released any other way, y'all. There is truly nothing odd about how this film is being put out.

It's not Endgame, guys.

It’s a perfect Disney movie.

its a story of love, acceptance, and resistance. 

A young boy, a young girl, a loving mother, an evil empire, and an imaginary friend. Sure, the imaginary friend is Hitler, but it’s no worse than Will Smith as a live action Genie.

honestly, it’s funny, touching and heartbreaking.

It’s close to a perfect movie.

It’s PG13 and not R so Disney is giving it a pass.  However, if they get rid of Searchlight, they’re dead to me.

Have no interest in the movie, though, since it’s been compared to Wes “pan up pan down French song end” Anderson and stars the most overrated actress alive.  I’m no philistine but screw hipster trope heavy movies.

11 minutes ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

It’s PG13 and not R so Disney is giving it a pass.  However, if they get rid of Searchlight, they’re dead to me.

Have no interest in the movie, though, since it’s been compared to Wes “pan up pan down French song end” Anderson and stars the most overrated actress alive.  I’m no philistine but screw hipster trope heavy movies.

Who is the most overrated actress aluve you are referring to? 

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Disney is scared shitless that people are going to see this.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Word on the street was that Disney was concerned about acquiring a movie about Nazi's and a boy who talks to Hitler and considered shelving it or selling it off

On 11/4/2019 at 2:13 PM, gotbeer said:

On 11/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, Tank said:

Any updates on Disney's efforts to bury this film that's now been nominated for 6 Oscars including Best Picture and has thus far earned 5x its production budget?

3 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Any updates on Disney's efforts to bury this film that's now been nominated for 6 Oscars including Best Picture and has thus far earned 5x its production budget?

That's impressive when the budget is $100M.