• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NY Rangers fire John Tortorella

bucbrett

As the resident Rangers fan I have to say I am not happy about it, but I understand. I think he lost the team, and was not developing the younger talent on the team.

I think the final nail in the coffin was Lunquist's remarks yesterday when asked about signing an extension. He did not sound positive, and was talking about the Rangers in past tense. He did everything he could to win, and is getting frustrated by the lack of scoring, thanks to Torts defense first system.

Tort's system of having everyone block shots wears thin quickly, and it is a challenge to sign free agents that want to score goals, not play goalie without pads. The Rangers have a deep, talented team thanks to Slats smart drafting and some good trades, so the next coach walks into an ideal situation. This is a very highly desirable job, I hope Sather takes his time and makes the right choice.

Torts was a strange guy, and had a polarizing personality. He was cool one second, and an A-hole the next. The time I met him, he could not have been nicer. He did A LOT to help out after Hurricane Sandy, and did not get the credit he deserved.

As mentioned before, the Tort's on HBO last year was great TV.

that org makes the stupidest player moves/deals.

Must defend my teams honor

Please give some examples, and cite your work.

I think they have made mostly good moves with, as with all teams, some bad ones.

Torts forced their hand in the Gaborik trade, but Brassard was money in the playoffs.

Getting outbid on Prust was a mistake.

Other than that, I think positive. Nash, Clowe, McDonough, etc...

Must defend my teams honor

Please give some examples, and cite your work.

I think they have made mostly good moves with, as with all teams, some bad ones.

Torts forced their hand in the Gaborik trade, but Brassard was money in the playoffs.

Getting outbid on Prust was a mistake.

Other than that, I think positive. Nash, Clowe, McDonough, etc...

holic.

gomez.

drury.

trading leetch.

kasparitis.

trading adam graves.

redden.

rozsival.

kotalik.

richards.

all teams have their fair share of dumb moves, the rangers just seem to do it more often.

if not for the CBA letting them off the hook the org would be in pretty rough spots.

richards will be the next write off.

gaborik didn't work out but it wasn't that bad.

holic.- Played to career averages in 2 seasons. Amnesty buyout after strike put in a hard cap

gomez.-Traded to Montreal for McDonough and Prust via Calgary

drury.- Faded with age

trading leetch.- End of career. Played 1.5 more seasons. Got Michael Sauer

kasparitis.- Played OK but was breaking down due to his style of play

trading adam graves.-End of career. Played 2 more seasons totaling 49 pts. Got Michael Samuelsson in return

redden.- Flop. Still cannot understand his lack of production

rozsival.- Put up his best numbers as a Ranger.

kotalik.- Traded to Calgary as part of the deal for Prust and Olli Jokinen

richards.- Too early to call this one. A lot of money over a long term. He was nails in last post season, but buried by Torts this year.

all teams have their fair share of dumb moves, the rangers just seem to do it more often.

if not for the CBA letting them off the hook the org would be in pretty rough spots.- true, big market team can afford this

richards will be the next write off.- true. Will probably come back at a lower price

gaborik didn't work out but it wasn't that bad.- Gabby was run out of town by Torts. One of the big reasons he gone

The Captain is a candidate for the head coaching position:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424350

Big mistake. A legend on the ice does not become a legend behind the bench without some on the job training. I think he would be a great coach, but needs to start as an assistant/co-coach with an older, established guy as head coach to groom him. Mike Keenan comes to mind.

• 3 weeks later...

The Rangers have fired coach John Tortorella. I like Torts. If I had kids I'd honor Coach Tortorella by hugging my kids and then swearing at them and scratching them from family game night.

Subject to change if the filthy Nucks hire him.