• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

1 hour ago, Ochocinco! said:

San Diego fans deserve a good team now that the Super Chargers are in LA.

Petco will forever be my favorite stadium. Hope they get him and can be competitive. 

Nah. Fuck any team that’s not the Angels. With this cheating shit going on it’s every man for himself now. Fuck every other MLB team. 

Yep Nod GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

If the Rangers get Arenado (or even Bryant), it will completely negate our offseason moves.  They already finished ahead of us last season, and will have added an elite 3B like us, but will have also added Kluber and Gibson who are better than Teheran and Bundy, and Chirinos who is better than Castro.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

If the Rangers get Arenado (or even Bryant), it will completely negate our offseason moves.  They already finished ahead of us last season, and will have added an elite 3B like us, but will have also added Kluber and Gibson who are better than Teheran and Bundy, and Chirinos who is better than Castro.

Do you think any part of them finishing above us had to do with us dealing with injury and death?  I agree with you that Kluber and Gibson are better than Teheran and Bundy.  I can tell you that fangraphs/steamer expect Castro to basically triple the production of Chirinos this year.  Do I think he will triple it, no, but to say Chirinos is better might not be correct.  Also, who replaces Mazara who they traded?  Deshields?  Pence?  My point is you might only be looking at things a certain way rather than trying to be somewhat objective.  Maybe they have replacements, I have no idea.  None of those players are great, but they are 3 of their 4 outfielders.  

7 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

by this logic, we negated the the Yankees signing of Cole by signing Rendon.  

It would make them better but we play then 19 times.  Which means over the course of the season Arenado gives them one additional win against us.  

All your other presumptions are arguable as well.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Do you think any part of them finishing above us had to do with us dealing with injury and death?  I agree with you that Kluber and Gibson are better than Teheran and Bundy.  I can tell you that fangraphs/steamer expect Castro to basically triple the production of Chirinos this year.  Do I think he will triple it, no, but to say Chirinos is better might not be correct.  Also, who replaces Mazara who they traded?  Deshields?  Pence?  My point is you might only be looking at things a certain way rather than trying to be somewhat objective.  Maybe they have replacements, I have no idea.  None of those players are great, but they are 3 of their 4 outfielders.  

optimist.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

optimist.  

I know you are joking, but I honestly was just pointing out what I believe to be reality.  All joking aside was my post optimistic or myopic at all?  I mean can’t you acknowledge that other people did a better job of acquiring pitching than the Angels and at the same time acknowledge we will be a better team this coming year than we were last year based on what we actually did? Or should we just shit on the team for what they didn’t do?  

13 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Disagree with this to a degree.

Against the Angels, the Rangers will potentially win more games against us and vice-versa but also against the rest of the A.L. West, the Rangers will be more likely to win games against our competitors, including the projected Division leaders, the Astros, which will bring the bar down for how many wins a team needs to take the Division championship or get in via a Wild Card slot.

In the end the Angels need to execute and win. The Rangers "negating" our moves will actually improve the odds of the Angels making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

Disagree with this to a degree.

Against the Angels, the Rangers will potentially win more games against us and vice-versa but also against the rest of the A.L. West, the Rangers will be more likely to win games against our competitors, including the projected Division leaders, the Astros, which will bring the bar down for how many wins a team needs to take the Division championship or get in via a Wild Card slot.

In the end the Angels need to execute and win. The Rangers "negating" our moves will actually improve the odds of the Angels making the playoffs.

3 AL West teams having better rosters than us does not improve our odds of making the playoffs.

Just now, mymerlincat said:

3 AL West teams having better rosters than us does not improve our odds of making the playoffs.

Clearly you don't believe in our squad and understand what Division parity does to impact wins, losses, and the odds of making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

Ok, which three teams have better rosters.  The Astros, obviously, the A’s probably, and who else?  Do you really think the Rangers have a better roster?  We are better at Catcher, 2nd, SS, 3rd, CF and the corner outfield spot that Gallo isn’t playing.  Do they have a better bullpen?  I have no idea, but no, they don’t have a better roster, but they do have a better rotation.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I know you are joking, but I honestly was just pointing out what I believe to be reality.  All joking aside was my post optimistic or myopic at all?  I mean can’t you acknowledge that other people did a better job of acquiring pitching than the Angels and at the same time acknowledge we will be a better team this coming year than we were last year based on what we actually did? Or should we just shit on the team for what they didn’t do?  

the Angels have substantially improved.  There is no myopia in thinking that.  They have no control over what other teams do.  Matching their rivals move for move year to year is a recipe for long term failure.  Myopia is acknowledging what others have done without acknowledging the Angles.  

where I find many of these discussions ridiculous is the lack of understanding and acknowledgement of the long and short term impact of the alternatives.  

I don't care for Teheran or Bundy all that much but I understand what it would have taken to do better than that.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

the Angels have substantially improved.  There is no myopia in thinking that.  They have no control over what other teams do.  Matching their rivals move for move year to year is a recipe for long term failure.  Myopia is acknowledging what others have done without acknowledging the Angles.  

where I find many of these discussions ridiculous is the lack of understanding and acknowledgement of the long and short term impact of the alternatives.  

I don't care for Teheran or Bundy all that much but I understand what it would have taken to do better than that.  

How could you be so obtuse?

family guy math GIF