• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

To be perfectly honest... I don't care one way or the other.

My point is that baseball is a business. Arenado needs to get over the fact that baseball is a business because stuff like this just happens. He can feel however he wants, obviously. I just think its a bad look to go public the way he has. I'm not laying blame anywhere. Just talking baseball.

I think all he’s doing is asking for a trade in public. He obviously feels they’ve ceded their opportunity to get a good return and now he’s making it clear he’ll need to be moved regardless of whether they feel the return is significant. Without knowing behind the scenes stuff it’s difficult to know how legitimate his grievances are. 

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

Is this where I ask if Castellanos is still going to get that 4 year deal that was “implied” earlier in this or some other thread?  

15 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I still think Castellanos will get a multi-year deal at the suggested (MLBTradeRumors.com) approximate $14M per season. It may only be about 3 years, not 4 but if someone really likes his bat (probably an A.L. team) they will go 4 years.

EDIT: Heck it could be the Angels, putting him at 1B but I know some of you don't like that idea. However, he'd make the offense even that much stronger, particularly against LHP which he destroys. I still like Jared Walsh's chances to just run with the spot, however.

16 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I find the qualifying offer to be a really flawed concept.  

Hopefully they get rid of it in the next CBA. 

It's funny because MLB pretends that it is about creating parity, but it really exists only to depress draft bonuses. In the last few years it has morphed into a way to crush the value of a large subset of FA's.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, beatlesrule said:

The Rockies and Cardinals “have begun exchanging names” of players of interest as they attempt to structure a potential deal that would send third baseman Nolan Arenado to St. Louis, MLB.com’s Jon Morosi reports. The Colorado organization is said to want both MLB and minor-league players to move their franchise cornerstone.

is there any franchise better at taking all star players from organizations who for some strange reason are pushing them out the door? i feel like the cardinals last 30 years are built on that foundation.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

How would Betts make sense for the Padres? Does he make them a WS favorite? I don’t think he extends and I’ve seen no sign they’re open to another big money contract - and Betts will dwarf Machado and Hosmer’s. 

Either they think they can compete, or they think they can re-sign him, or they’re dumb as heck. 

San Diego has a long history of delusion