True Grich

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Thats' the crowdsource prediction, not their in house one.

Got it. Thanks. I wonder why they don't include Kiley McDaniels estimates on their 2020 Free Agent tracker.

6 minutes ago, RBM said:

Got it. Thanks. I wonder why they don't include Kiley McDaniels estimates on their 2020 Free Agent tracker.

NP..

It's probably just a desire to keep it from getting too busy...  They use the median number too, .vs the average.. which I totally get...  But more often than not the actual figures come in closer to the average figure. 

5 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Well there is always a stupid team that is going to just throw money to get a player. It looks like Chicago White Sox is the team this year.

I believe the Rangers are another team to worry about in terms of spending stupid money this offseason. 

8 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Well there is always a stupid team that is going to just throw money to get a player. It looks like Chicago White Sox is the team this year.

Nope... too easy.

Would like the Angels to try and pry Edwin Diaz away from the Mets. 2 years ago he had 50+ saves for the Mariners. When he was dealt to the Mets along with Cano, Diaz just fell apart. I believe that the Mets tweaked his delivery and it really threw him off. I am hoping that the Angels can get him on the cheap and tell him to do what it was that he was doing before.

Go Halos!!!

22 minutes ago, 19HALO71 said:

Would like the Angels to try and pry Edwin Diaz away from the Mets. 2 years ago he had 50+ saves for the Mariners. When he was dealt to the Mets along with Cano, Diaz just fell apart. I believe that the Mets tweaked his delivery and it really threw him off. I am hoping that the Angels can get him on the cheap and tell him to do what it was that he was doing before.

Go Halos!!!

I’m sure Callaway has already tried with Diaz

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

Supposedly yes, we were one of the few mentioned in the article i read.  Obviously i dont know to what degree but we were in the mix. 

Yeah I just saw that tweet in the Grandal thread. Interesting.

Miami considering non-tendering Urena.  He's due to make about 4m this year through arb.  Great velo.  How about a swap of Ward for him?  If he doesn't stay a starter, he'd be a decent option for the pen.  Of course this would  not be one of the primary or secondary options for the rotation.  

4 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I believe the Rangers are another team to worry about in terms of spending stupid money this offseason. 

Yep. This is why people need to stop worrying about the Yankees and Dodgers. Our biggest threat for the top guys will be some team with loads of money to overpay.

10 hours ago, floplag said:

The one thing we can ill afford is another year of being finalist that landed nothing.  already seen it once with Grandal, that trend needs to stop.

a good time to remind everyone that not only does eppy have to pursue players and make good offers to them, but players have to want to come to Anaheim to play here. 

if a player doesn't sign here, it's not necessarily the gm's fault. see teixera, mark.

10 hours ago, 19HALO71 said:

Go Halos!!!

why would our new pitching coach who was his manager on the team that f'ed him up, supposedly, be the guy to fix him in this scenario?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

a good time to remind everyone that not only does eppy have to pursue players and make good offers to them, but players have to want to come to Anaheim to play here. 

if a player doesn't sign here, it's not necessarily the gm's fault. see teixera, mark.

With Cole, that will not be the case. My concern is that Eppler will hold too tightly to his valuation of players and end up with nothing. Sometimes you have to overpay. Grandal was probably not the best player for us to overpay with our lack of pitching.