• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Like i've been saying, I'll take Maldonado for one year to help with Gerrit Cole and Ohtani and to shut the running game down.

Im not against it, but McCann also now obviously available in trade might be worth a talk. 
Then again stolen bases and the running game seem so passe in the era of moneyball and analytics 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea what it would cost to get McCann but you’d have to assume it would cost us a top fifteen prospect for one year of him. The one year is the problem. 

I think you could probably also discuss guys like Bedrosian, Goodwin, or La Stella too, FWIW. Not that I’d necessarily go down that road but there’s probably some comparable value there.

And if the Angels then replaced that player internally or via FA, it’s not necessarily a bad sequence. 

Such as Goodwin for McCann or Cincy’s DeSclafani and Casali/Barnhart, then sign Kole to a one-year.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Thats' the crowdsource prediction, not their in house one.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-top-50-free-agents/

6. Yasmani Grandal, C, Age 31
Contract Estimate
Type Years AAV Total
Kiley McDaniel 4 $17.5 M $70.0 M
Median Crowdsource 3 $16.0 M $48.0 M
Avg Crowdsource 3.46 $18.4 M $63.5 M
2020 Steamer Projections
PA BB% K% AVG OBP SLG wOBA wRC+ Off Def WAR
580 14.6% 23.5% .244 .358 .460 .348 115 8.3 7.0 4.8

Kiley’s Take
If you haven’t looked, you may not believe it: Grandal has posted five straight seasons of 4 or 5 WAR. In a catching landscape that increasingly looks like a Mad Max film, the backstop keeps performing, though I’m sure his fingers are crossed that robo umps are still a ways off given his +134 runs career framing figure. He reportedly turned down four years and $60 million from the Mets last offseason because a $15 million AAV wasn’t the precedent he wanted to set, then had to settle for one year and $18.25 million from Milwaukee (just above the qualifying offer he turned down). He seems likely to get at least the Mets’ offer again given his 5.2 WAR season, and I’m betting his deal comes in at a bit more.

Player Notes
Grandal was a top-10 free agent on our list last year, and a fat lot of good it did him, as he wound up inking just a one-year contract for barely more money than Los Angeles’ qualifying offer. Grandal declined his 2020 option with Milwaukee and hits the market again this winter in much the same place he was last year.

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

In terms of offensive production it looks more like a fluky year for McCann than something he’s going to maintain moving forward. I wouldn’t be willing to give up too much for him.

Yeah, but you can make similar arguments against Bedrosian, Goodwin, and La Stella. 

McCann's always been really solid defensively I believe. His overall '19 line is crazy based off a huge first-half. If he just hovered around a league-average bat with plus defense, it could be a good deal.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea what it would cost to get McCann but you’d have to assume it would cost us a top fifteen prospect for one year of him. The one year is the problem. 

yeah pretty much, was just tossing it out there as it would seem obvious they will now try to move him. 

6 minutes ago, RBM said:

Got it. Thanks. I wonder why they don't include Kiley McDaniels estimates on their 2020 Free Agent tracker.

NP..

It's probably just a desire to keep it from getting too busy...  They use the median number too, .vs the average.. which I totally get...  But more often than not the actual figures come in closer to the average figure. 

5 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Well there is always a stupid team that is going to just throw money to get a player. It looks like Chicago White Sox is the team this year.

I believe the Rangers are another team to worry about in terms of spending stupid money this offseason. 

8 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Well there is always a stupid team that is going to just throw money to get a player. It looks like Chicago White Sox is the team this year.

Nope... too easy.