• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs. Astros - World Series Game 7

Chuck

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

you don't know your scenario either.  Greinke struggles the third tie through and that was apparent.  Taking him out is defensible.  

putting in Harris was questionable at best.  

throwing Kendrick a fastball was stupid.  

Cole had been warming and should have come in at that point. Just my opinion.

But everything is speculation. You still go with your best in Game 7 though.

Oldest team in MLB wins WS... Old guys rule!

Think about this... Verlander, Price, Porcello, Scherzer and Sanchez all have WS rings... all pitched for the Tigers... and the Tigers never won with them.

Houston was considered the greatest team on paper since the 1927 Yankees...hahaha

Anthony Rendon introduced himself to America... Now, he's really going to get paid

People who don't like baseball are idiots.  With all due respect.

Baseball is awesome.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nats relievers: 4 innings, 2 baserunners

Asstros relievers: 2.2 innings, TEN baserunners

AJ Gump: twiddling his thumbs while Cole warmed up in the pen.

Cole: I’m done with Houston.

Hinch's managerial failures may end up being our success.

Angels need to break the bank to get this pitcher.

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Would you have removed Greinke at that point in the 7th with a 2-1 lead?

Eh, none of these are black/white decisions.  They may shift the favor from 50-50 to 51-49, or 52-48.

The guy they brought in had given up one run in the post season.

If they leave in Greinke, and he gave up another run, people would have bitched about that.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Greinke gave up a HR and a walk with the heart of the order still in front of him...  

The second half of the order was coming up, Kendrick batted 5th. The Astros had 3 innings to score after Kendrick's home run. They didn't, so they lost to a team that played better. 

Let that sink in, please. The Astros, that won 107 regular season games under Hinch, were unable to score any runs after the 5th inning. Unable to score more than two runs in the last two games of the series. The Nationals scored enough runs in the 8th and 9th to win both games. 

This was a team failure to support the pitching. The Astros offense simply left it not on the field but in the dugout. No amount of managing can replace players doing the job at hand and that was push runners across the plate when the opportunities arise. The Astros had 9 hits, 4 walks and failed miserably with RISP. 

That is what lost the series for them. 

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The other guys doing the vroom vroom in the background thing is pretty funny too.

I'm a bitter old man. Have been since about 22.  I don't care about touchdown celebrations, high fives, jersey exchanges, group hugs.

But the Nats' dugout dance parties... and now Eaton waiting for howie... this slays me.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The second half of the order was coming up, Kendrick batted 5th. The Astros had 3 innings to score after Kendrick's home run. They didn't, so they lost to a team that played better. 

Let that sink in, please. The Astros, that won 107 regular season games under Hinch, were unable to score any runs after the 5th inning. Unable to score more than two runs in the last two games of the series. The Nationals scored enough runs in the 8th and 9th to win both games. 

This was a team failure to support the pitching. The Astros offense simply left it not on the field but in the dugout. No amount of managing can replace players doing the job at hand and that was push runners across the plate when the opportunities arise. The Astros had 9 hits, 4 walks and failed miserably with RISP. 

That is what lost the series for them. 

12 hours ago, True Grich said:

Give the Nats credit!!

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I have LOVED the dance parties.  I thought the Eaton - Howie vroom vroom thing was kind of stupid.

But seeing him holding his arm up, waiting for Howie... I'm dying

Unbridled joy in sports is one of the greatest things.

Just now, RBM said:

This in no way justifies the pitching changes AJ Hinch made.

Again, your couch opinion based on results. One of which was an opposite field bounce off the foul pole that required luck. 

Kendrick's previous two meetings with Harris resulted in outs. He had 5 hits including two doubles against Greinke in post season play over his career.

The reasoning:

I wasn't going to pitch him unless we were going to win the World Series and have a lead," Hinch said. "He was going to help us win. He was available, and I felt it was a game that he was going to come in had we tied it or taken the lead. He was going to close the game in the ninth after I brought (Roberto) Osuna in had we kept the lead."