• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs. Astros - World Series Game 7

Chuck

17 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yeah, he said it didn’t matter that AJ Hinch pulled Greinke out and Hendrick hit the HR because the Nats scored more runs later. That’s bad math. 

If he left Greinke in the game, which most people think he should have, the Nats may have not scored any runs. And the Astros may be WS Champs.

AJ Hinch owns this. 

The Astros did not score from the 5th inning on. The law of averages say they are more likely to lose their 2-1 lead than hold it consider past events as recently as last night. 

So, yeah, bad math. 

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

So you think it was a good move to take Greinke out of the game in the 7th? Is that what you would have done?

If I had the data Hinch had to back up the move, yes. 

You see, you are talking out of class on a subject you are ill informed of. 

Just now, RBM said:

What data?

The Astros use the most data of any team. Hinch has access to everything at his fingertips to determine if Grienke is fading, or unable to continue without risking more runs than he already allowed considering the opponent.

Couple that with his personal interaction with Grienke, along with his pitching coach, they were the most qualified to determine when to make a change. Unlike you, or me for that matter.

Now that the WS is over we can get down to real business of rebuilding our rotation for 2020. We will very soon know if Strasburg will opt out. Which players will be released and whether Kole's option will be exercised or not (I think not). We will find out who wins the MVP.

Eppler has his work cut out for him if he expects to keep his job next season. Ohtani will finish his rehab from TJ in the next month or so, hopefully with no set backs. Trout may to help convince a few pitchers to put on an Angel uniform next season, hopefully.

Good times ahead.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

So, would you have replaced Greinke for Harris in the 7th inning tonight?

I don't have the data or in dugout experience to make that decision. Neither do you. So you can flap your gums about what a horrible decision it was but in fact that home run was about 5 feet from being a foul ball. Sometimes you can't out manage luck. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I don't have the data or in dugout experience to make that decision. Neither do you. So you can flap your gums about what a horrible decision it was but in fact that home run was about 5 feet from being a foul ball. Sometimes you can't out manage luck. 

It hit the fall poll so it less the 2 feet from being foul, also moor 5 feet to the right from being incredibly fair.

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Hader could have eliminated this entire story. Instead. A foreshadowing of things to come. 

Washington will seriously decline but so what? The franchise can coast a decade without criticism. Lots of hilite footage to look back on for their fans.

Hopefully the Astros will decline a bit next season as well without Cole and possibly Miley leaving for FA. Also Verlander and Grienke with a year older.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I don't have a problem with taking Greinke out as much as I do not bringing Cole in.  

8 hours ago, RBM said:

First, calling me an idiot for questioning your view is bullshit. I don’t think you are an idiot. 

Secondly, what happened after the 7th inning does not justify the mistake AJ Hinch made in the 7th inning.

I really don't know why you cannot grasp the timeline. 

Heard in every world series since I've been alive:

"Hey, you know that one thing the manager did, that didn't work?

He should have done the other thing."