• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs. Astros - World Series Game 7

Chuck

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Congrats to the Dodgers for extending their unbelievable streak of being the doormat to the eventual WS champs for a 4th straight year!

A Dodger fan told me that the Angels are wasting Trout.  I told him the Dodgers wasted Kershaw.  He then whined about the Dodger making the playoffs all the time.

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I love how personal accountability just goes out the window with takes like this Chuck.  He had a 7 ERA in spring.  He was signed late and made it until a week left in the spring.  While he was here he wasn’t good.  

Not unlike Ohtani's first spring training, glad we didn't cut him... Kidding

Just now, RBM said:

Really?

No.

You don’t know that.

If Greinke stays in the game and gets Howie out in the 7th he could of had a complete game victory.

It’s unintelligent for you to not understand that. 

you don't know your scenario either.  Greinke struggles the third tie through and that was apparent.  Taking him out is defensible.  

putting in Harris was questionable at best.  

throwing Kendrick a fastball was stupid.  

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yes. This is my point. 100%

@Blarg Can’t extrapolate an alternative outcome based on a bad decision. For him to do the silly math after Greinke is removed is ridiculous. 

His is an example of poor logic applied after an outcome.

25 minutes ago, RBM said:

Really? I think if AJ Hinch leaves Greinke in the Astros win the WS. It was a fatal decision. It will haunt him. 

what?  

41 minutes ago, RBM said:

Really?

No.

You don’t know that.

If Greinke stays in the game and gets Howie out in the 7th he could of had a complete game 2-1 victory.

It’s unintelligent for you to not understand that. 

I get that you are an idiot but you really shouldn't try so hard to prove it.

Greinke was already at 80 pitches and Rendon had launched a Homer off him and followed that by walking Soto. He could easily have given up even more runs before reaching his pitch limit.

Regardless, the Nationals scored three more runs in the following two innings and the Astros did not respond. The fact they couldn't push across one more insurance run says more about their eventual failure than you pretending Grienke would have survived the 7th and had any more left in the tank for the following two. 

Harris had less to do with the Astros loss as for their offense that scored all of 4 runs in two games. That is where the blame lies for this loss. 

7 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yeah, he said it didn’t matter that AJ Hinch pulled Greinke out and Hendrick hit the HR because the Nats scored more runs later. That’s bad math. 

If he left Greinke in the game, which most people think he should have, the Nats may have not scored any runs. And the Astros may be WS Champs.

AJ Hinch owns this. 

an if, a should, and two mays.  

AJ was complicit in the bad outcome.  we have no idea what would have happened with different moves.  

my biggest problem was with leaving the best pitcher in baseball on the bench in game 7 of the WS.  I've seen Greinke struggle third time through.  Pulling Greinke was a reasonable move.  Not putting in Cole wasn't.  Whether it changes the outcome or not, we'll never know.