• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Chat is LIVE

Chuck

Question

Hey guys, so you voted and I delivered ... though I would have purchased chat just for the ability to do online interviews like we did in the past with Eddie Bane, Ric Wilson, Tim Mead, Tim Salmon and local beat writers. 

So there's three chat rooms available. One that's just a general room for anyone to join and shoot the shit about any and everything. The other one is a Gameday chat relegated for ST and Regular season games (and hopefully postseason games in the future) and the Interview Room which will be for our special guests brought in to interview with our panel (only Gold and Premium members allowed). 

You can access the chat rooms via the Chatbox in the lower right, at the top of the page in the menu navigation bar or on mobile by going to your website options via the three horizontal lines, then choose "Chat". 

Finally, there's the private chat available which you will see at the bottom right of your screen on both desktop and mobile. You can message anyone that's a member and the chat will be private, just between the two of you. 

.Gifs and all of the emoji's are available, as well as YouTube vids via a link. 

Here's some screenshots on where to go! 

Annotation 2019-10-26 004043.png

Annotation 2019-10-25 235141.png

Annotation 2019-10-25 235531.png

Here's all of the features from the app developer below. 

Enjoy! 

⭐Features:

*NEW* Private one-2-one chat (like Facebook)

Screenshot_21.thumb.png.2a2368eea78ac6edf888f6d4ee4c9c5a.png

• Chat boxes display on bottom right allow member to chat with each other.
  • Multi chat at same time.
  • Permission for who can use the private chat.
  • Ability to select skin for each box.
  • Load more messages on scroll up (or down).
  • Easy to find member name to start the chat.
  • Sound notification for new message.
  • Report messages.
  • User online status.
  • Minimize and close chat boxes.
  • Supports Clean Text Input with emoji, Guggy/Giphy plugins, Youtube, URL, image URL.
  • Supports Lazyload images.
  • Interval in milliseconds.
  • Flood control.
  • Message length limit.
  • Permission to edit/delete messages.
  • Fully responsive - will adapt to mobile, tablet, desktop.
  • (To-do: ignore member,  tool to delete all conversations, invite member to a conversation, more and more....)

Rooms & Clubs Chat

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.f7deb4717e6a743ad5d54cdf203e8ba1.png

• Admin can create multiple rooms, display rooms in widgets, or a new page.
  • Club owner can create a room.
  • Announcement & Rules for each room.
  • Online Users list.
  • Allow guest to join and chat with their custom nickname and random avatar.
  • Floating Popup:
    • Show room in a a floating popup on the bottom of the pages so users can chat anywhere.
    • Toggle show/hide the popup.
    • Option to hide popup chat on mobile.
  • User controls:
    • On/Off sound notification.
    • Open chat in a popup.
    • Select skins.
  • Moderator controls:
    • Edit Announcement.
    • User blocking system:
      • Display moderator who blocked the user.
      • Ability to add the reason.
      • Auto unblock user after X minutes.
    • Clean room (delete all messages).
    • Quick edit/delete a message.
  • System messages to notify:
    • New content posted (post, comment, review) from 3rd-party apps, supports: Forums, Downloads, Pages, Gallery, Blogs, Calendar, Videobox, Musicbox.
    • New announcement.
    • User joined/left room.
  • Auto Messages:
    • Create multiple messages with cycle time in seconds.
    • Select a member as a bot to post the messages automatically every X seconds.
  • Archive messages:
    • Permission for who can view archive messages.
    • Search messages by member name, guest name, content, time.
    • Sorting messages by time, content, chatter name.
    • Edit/Delete/Report message.

Other features:

• Input message:
    • Clean text: only supports URL, image URL, Youtube URL, GIF from GIPHYinput_clean.thumb.png.1e7213f0332ffa34bb0ba58a46a27f73.png
    • Editor: You can use full formatting from Editor: color, bold, size, emoticons... and all Editor's plugins. input_editor.thumb.png.929d8211d080f32f7c220d4827f1d310.png
  • Many stylish designs available:
    • 5 skins: skins.png.4b64bf3bae849c146d28824f90168942.png
    • 3 styles for messages:
      • Standard style_standard.png.b46a7bb31861a98c55680f377e15195b.png
      • Bubbles style_bubles.png.d9f5c9f7ec9c5169d271e3ed33c2b492.png
      • Condensed style_condensed.png.e924d5216c91bf018a756ea3a277167e.png
  • Supports playing a song from Musicbox
  • Report center integration allows users to report bad massages.
  • Auto loads old messages when scrolling down (or up).
  • Highlight the message row if someone mentions you.
  • Flood control, max messages, limit characters, sorting messages...
  • Show online users in the panel.
  • Lazyload images.
  • Fully responsive.

I know we all enjoy our little AW bubble, but the goal is to continue to grow Angelswin. A gameday chat is a good way to get some of the lurkers engaged without them having to post on the site, IMHO.

Lets be honest, the barrier of entry to posting on the AW forum is steep since a good chunk of us have been here 10+ years (I think I hit 10 years on AW earlier this year). I'm trying to get out of the gatekeeper mentality and would like to see more new folks feel comfortable sharing their opinions around here.

Also Chuck is tired of us and wants new friends, lol

45 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Angelswin has really gone downhill since the upgrade.

I can add you, @Lou, @Blarg and anyone else to a group that does not have access or even sees the chat module if you'd like. 

I hope you were kidding by your comment too, as I have put in a bunch of time and $$ into this forum. Dick.

If you want just a plane Jane vanilla forum much like the old bulletin boards back in the 90's, I can create a theme just for anyone to enjoy the very basics the forum has to offer.

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

So now instead of the annoying cookies box cluttering up the lower right it is now a bright red chat box. @Lou is going to be thrilled. 

and it's still annoying. I find it idiotic that a permanent tab blocks another feature (which gets more use)  on the page. it makes absolutely no sense at all.

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

and it's still annoying. I find it idiotic that a permanent tab blocks another feature (which gets more use)  on the page. it makes absolutely no sense at all.

The cookies popup tab is gone. I'm not sure what you're referring to?

26 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I love the fact that the chat can be used while still browsing the forum, well done Chuck.

Thanks, @John Taylor. People hate change, but I've learned that they warm up to it and eventually like it down the road. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Chuck is mad 

Well, I didn't have my coffee yet before reading this thread. I'm grouchy in the morning to begin with, but I'm coming around now after a few sips of my java.

Just now, Lou said:

never mind. ftr, I was referring to it covering the multi-quote tab, but just realized that unlike with the cookies tab, the chatbox doesn't do that. 

much better. 

Oh good, thanks for the feedback Lou. I thought I had more stuff to do later after I chop a cord of wood here soon. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

25.8% of voters have his back. watch yoself, fool 

Like I said, I wanted to install the app so that we could have live interview chats like in times past so it was more of a poll to see if anyone would enjoy the other benefits of having a chat module ... which yeah, it was either yes (8 in favor, 6 not in favor), or the majority said they wouldn't use it by why not?

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Like I said, I wanted to install the app so that we could have live interview chats like in times past so it was more of a poll to see if anyone would enjoy the other benefits of having a chat module ... which yeah, it was either yes (8 in favor, 6 not in favor), or the majority said they wouldn't use it by why not?

just giving you a hard time.

drink some more coffee.