• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I believe there is a direct correlation to Maddon's "Fun" that he wants to cultivate & the success that follows..

Chuck

The Angels will be better next year if they stay healthy and have better talent than they had this year. If they have the same talent and same injuries doesn’t matter how much “fun” the manager has with the guys they’ll still lose 90 games. They can play all the hide and go seek they want in the club house but if the talent on the field isn’t significantly better next year the wins won’t be there. The manager doesn’t pitch hit or field. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I will laugh when Maddon decides its fun to start Albert most nights.  

Why? As long as we're winning I don't think anyone will give a crap if he starts every game. 

As much as I like Walsh and Thaiss, I think Pujols is a better option at this point at 1B unless one of the two, if not both light the cactus league on fire this spring and Pujols looks all gimpy and fat. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Why? As long as we're winning I don't think anyone will give a crap if he starts every game. 

As much as I like Walsh and Thaiss, I think Pujols is a better option at this point at 1B unless one of the two, if not both light the cactus league on fire this spring and Pujols looks all gimpy and fat. 

With all due respect of course people on here will have a problem with Albert starting even if they are winning.  You may not care, but i can guarantee you people on here will care.  I personally would start Thaiss at first, but I don’t believe that will happen.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

With all due respect of course people on here will have a problem with Albert starting even if they are winning.  You may not care, but i can guarantee you people on here will care.  I personally would start Thaiss at first, but I don’t believe that will happen.

Oh I see, I thought you were directing that toward me. 

Yeah, if I had to pick I would let Thaiss and Walsh battle it out for the 1B spot, giving Pujols 3-4 starts a week between 1B and DH (when Ohtani has his 3 days in a row not DH'n).

16 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The Angels will be better next year if they stay healthy and have better talent than they had this year. If they have the same talent and same injuries doesn’t matter how much “fun” the manager has with the guys they’ll still lose 90 games. They can play all the hide and go seek they want in the club house but if the talent on the field isn’t significantly better next year the wins won’t be there. The manager doesn’t pitch hit or field. 

The Angels are so bad right now, that any change is positive.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, if I had to pick I would let Thaiss and Walsh battle it out for the 1B spot, giving Pujols 3-4 starts a week between 1B and DH (when Ohtani has his 3 days in a row not DH'n).

you're putting a lot of stock in spring training Chuck.  Remember when LaStella broke camp after his terrible spring and then made the all-star team?

yah I know.  he broke his leg.  never mind.  

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

l hope before long Ohtani will only sit on the day before he pitches, and will DH after his starts on the mound...