• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

He can't be our only move because then we'll have two superstars wasting their career.

We will sign Cole and a catcher.  Then we roll with the "if this guy does this, and this guy does that" plus we have five guys in Cozart, Upton, Simmons, La Stella and Ohtani that will need to have bounce-back seasons. 

52 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Everybody is going to bounce back. Haven't you heard? 

Who's everybody? 

Nobody is expecting anyone to bounce back. Be healthy? Sure, but you could say the same thing about other players for all other 29 teams. Especially the Yankees.

If you're referring to Pujols, he is what he is and we're stuck with him.

If you're referring to Upton, the guy has put up 30 HR a season with the exception of this last season due to injuries. 

Simmons had an injury riddled season as well, but he's in a contract year so you have to think he's going to perform at his highest level so he can get paid. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I just find it funny that you're judging the Angels' off-season on November 7.

Well they haven't even started yet. I do think they will sign Cole and a catcher. They do have a lot of guys that are coming back from injuries or surgeries. All of them need to bounce back to their career norms for everything to fall into place. 

49 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Letting a guy out of his contract because he's a completely useless self-destructive mess and then not spending a dime to make up for the mistake.      Yeah, there's your proof.  

right, he ate the contract - something you stated he doesn't do. 

On 11/5/2019 at 11:42 AM, Sean-Regan said:

At the risk of being disrespectful, I think you’re wrong on this whole post.

First, Hamilton was signed in 2013. Arte bought the team in 2003. He wasn’t making a statement signing. He signed Pujols the year before. Greinke was traded for during the season before that and after the season it became clear that Arte and/or Dipoto weren’t prepared to spend as much as Greinke would receive. So Arte pivoted to Hamilton. 

On Greinke, that isn’t how I recall his trade going. My recollection is that they were in the race until the very end of the season and came up short of the Wild Card late. I don’t recall a Greinke or Texeira having an anywhere-but-Anaheim attitude. Texeira was in negotiations to stay here and Arte thought they had a deal. Turned out, we were just being used as a negotiation tactic by Boras to raise the price in NY - where Tex’s wife wanted to be. Greinke, I believe we hoped to re-sign him until Dipoto realized how much he would cost, but I could be wrong on that. 

And on Cole, pay attention to how the Dodgers have been run since Friedman came over. They don’t actually care about the Angels. They certainly won’t bid just to raise the price for us. Why? Because we aren’t their rival even if some Angels fans think they are. You don’t understand the Dodgers at all. 

Sean-Regan -- I guess we'll agree to disagree -- I remember the Greinke situation fairly well - he missed his first start here and by the time he was inserted into the rotation - our hopes of a division title or wild card were pretty much gone (remember - this was back before the 'second' wild card era started). Hamilton --  I remember that as a rebound type signing and a terrible one at that --

I seem to remember short timer attitudes on the part of both Greinke (confession time -- I've never been a Greinke fan - don't think he's that good but he proves me wrong by winning - still not a big fan) 

Dodgers -- may be I don't have them figured out -- don;'t follow them that closely any more.....if they don't compete for Cole - that's does not make sense to me -- he could solidify their riotation and he would absolutely transform ours.

1 hour ago, disarcina said:

Sean-Regan -- I guess we'll agree to disagree -- I remember the Greinke situation fairly well - he missed his first start here and by the time he was inserted into the rotation - our hopes of a division title or wild card were pretty much gone (remember - this was back before the 'second' wild card era started). Hamilton --  I remember that as a rebound type signing and a terrible one at that --

I seem to remember short timer attitudes on the part of both Greinke (confession time -- I've never been a Greinke fan - don't think he's that good but he proves me wrong by winning - still not a big fan) 

Dodgers -- may be I don't have them figured out -- don;'t follow them that closely any more.....if they don't compete for Cole - that's does not make sense to me -- he could solidify their riotation and he would absolutely transform ours.

Re: The Dodgers

9B8CF27C-6D12-4214-A996-181876DE32FC.jpeg.a46d2cb2e1612d6477d80bceac1ea342.jpeg

I’ve been saying this for awhile. Shaikin agrees.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:49 PM, rafibomb said:

This is turning into an overplayed cliche but we are forgetting that if we sign Cole we won't just be getting just one potential top-of-the-rotation pitcher next season.

I know I'll catch heat for saying this, but when he's healthy, Shohei Ohtani will be the most dominant pitcher in baseball. Look at his game log from 2018. He was hurt for three of those starts, either with blisters or TJ issues. The starts when he was healthy all went 6-7 innings, typically 8-12 K's and 0 our 1 ER.

If a starting pitcher comes out and tosses 6 innings of 1 run ball, you should win that game. Shohei Ohtani pitching should result in more wins.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:49 PM, rafibomb said:

This is turning into an overplayed cliche but we are forgetting that if we sign Cole we won't just be getting just one potential top-of-the-rotation pitcher next season.

That game was amazing.  Maybe the most memorable regular season game I've attended. At the last minute I decided to spend a bunch for a great seat. Glad I did.

12 minutes ago, ScottT said:

That game was amazing.  Maybe the most memorable regular season game I've attended. At the last minute I decided to spend a bunch for a great seat. Glad I did.

You and me both brotha.  I got diamond club seats last minute by myself because of my Ohtani boner Lol.  Totally worth the 200 bucks or whatever.  I almost always just get the cheapest seats possible on the infield upper deck.  Didn’t care about not talking to anyone.  Was a great time. 

Edited by UndertheHalo