• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

the guy was the best pitcher in the league and was left on the bench when he could have pitched after warming up twice and then go to watch Harris and Smith melt down and lose the 7th game of the world series.  

everyone here talks about how this team lacks intensity.  

wearing the Boras hat was kinda douchy but also kinda funny and I'm fine with it.  

everyone says the Halos have the inside track and are the front runners.

now all it takes is Arte's money. A lot of it.

Hey, if your're Strasburg guaranteed $100 Million over the next FOUR years - do you buy that out and enter this off-season's F/A market?

He has a very short window -- 48-72 hours - something like that - from the time the W/S ends to decide.

I guess it ends up not being much of a gamble - because his agent can shop him to teams and if they agree to pay more than that -- he opts out, if not, he stays.

Talk about a guy on top of the baseball world right now -- $100 million for 4 years is the 'lesser' option and he just won the World Series and is W/S MVP with a brand new vehicle.

(I still would prefer Cole over him , however, Strasburg - perhaps not so much this year -- but in the past - missed/ misses a lot of starts).

I think Cole right now is for the Halos to lose -- which they could - to that other Los Angeles team.

Expect a Dodgers-Angels bidding war.

Last time that happened and we lost we ended up with 'rebound' like signing of Josh Hamilton and then another one was Vernon Wells.........both are in the Halos HOF -- the 'worst signings ever' wing.  It's crowded.

46 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Only if he doesn't sign with the Angels.

Lol spoken by every fan of every team in baseball. Turn a blind eye cause he's good and on your team, but if he signs with another team, he's all about the money, total douche, and all about himself. 

Speak the truth... What he did after the World Series was pretty lame end of story. Anyone who thinks this guy is going to take some sort of discount to come here is out of their mind. Like most free agent who ever gives him the most money that's where he will sign. 

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Arte has been getting senile in his old age.

Arte is a conservative and has voted Republican since he's been able to vote. 

Anyhow, let's let the politics stop here so this thread isn't moved to the .Spin forum. 

1 hour ago, disarcina said:

everyone says the Halos have the inside track and are the front runners.

now all it takes is Arte's money. A lot of it.

Hey, if your're Strasburg guaranteed $100 Million over the next FOUR years - do you buy that out and enter this off-season's F/A market?

He has a very short window -- 48-72 hours - something like that - from the time the W/S ends to decide.

I guess it ends up not being much of a gamble - because his agent can shop him to teams and if they agree to pay more than that -- he opts out, if not, he stays.

Talk about a guy on top of the baseball world right now -- $100 million for 4 years is the 'lesser' option and he just won the World Series and is W/S MVP with a brand new vehicle.

(I still would prefer Cole over him , however, Strasburg - perhaps not so much this year -- but in the past - missed/ misses a lot of starts).

I think Cole right now is for the Halos to lose -- which they could - to that other Los Angeles team.

Expect a Dodgers-Angels bidding war.

Last time that happened and we lost we ended up with 'rebound' like signing of Josh Hamilton and then another one was Vernon Wells.........both are in the Halos HOF -- the 'worst signings ever' wing.  It's crowded.

Hamilton was a rebound signing? We never bid on Greinke. There was no bidding war that I recall. 

Also, the Dodgers aren’t signing Cole. They don’t go long on years anymore.