• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Am i the only one that was horribly bothered by his post game attitude?  That and the Boras cap were a total turn off.

I definitely thought it was strange.  Bothered by it?  Not really. I chalk it up to him being very competitive and Hinch denied him of his opportunity to do something great.

Just now, Jay said:

I didn't see the postgame stuff but if after the game he immediately removed his Astros cap and claimed not to be an Astro that is a bit classless.

Fans won't let him forget it next time he plays in Houston on opening day next year as the starting pitcher for the Angels.

9 hours ago, ScottT said:

Found it. Sounds like he's out the door or has been told he is or....

Not surprising, but kind of odd

A little surprised by this - the timing and the hat are a bit of a middle-finger to Houston - I gotta think Houston fans, mgt, and players are a little pissed by this.  You'd think Boras would want them as suitors, too, if only to keep the price up.

Of course, who needs that when he can just invent a mystery team bidding eleventy-billion-dollars and have Heyman report it as real? 

Whatever - my hope is he just quickly settles on a contract (with the Angels) that makes him unfathomably rich for the rest of his days, and still leaves enough money on the table so that the Angels can build a team that gets him back to the World Series.   Being rich on a losing team probably isn't near as much fun as being rich and on a team contending for a World Series ring.

Well, I was excited about Cole....until he wore a Boras Corp cap during interviews right after the series ended.    That move shows a real lack of judgement and character.    The wound was still fresh for Astros fans and he took a pee in it.    I literally hate the Astros for tanking intentionally for many years to cheat the system...and then acting like they are genius baseball strategists because they can win after hogging the highest draft picks for all those years.    However, that was a b.s. move by Cole and I don't believe talented players who lack common sense and character tend to do well in the long run.   Given the high $$$ it's going to take to get him....It's a hard pass in my opinion.