• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Gammons wasn't hacked, though. If he had been he would have said something. Either he knows something and it is game over for us, or he's Joe Bidening us.

I've never seen Gammons use detailed statistics or speak in complete sentences on Twitter before. Whether he's drunk our hacked, it's an improvement.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

this is starting to feel a lot like Kawhi going to the Clippers instead of the Lakers....I have a bad feeling about this

Except in this situation, the Angels are the Clippers and the Yankees are the Lakers. Clippers were always seen as the logical destination but no one heard a word about them until they actually signed him, while all the blowhard media folks were reporting every little detail of the Lakers and Raptors efforts.

37 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Does anyone know how many times Arte has gone after a big name free agent only for them to sign in NY or vice versa?

Texeira, obviously. Any others? 

I’m just wondering whether Arte is willing to be outbid again. 

Money won’t decide where Cole signs imo. I expect offers from the Yankees and Angels to be very close in money. 

Reminds me a little like when the Expos were all in trying to lure Reggie  Jackson in the early days of free agency in the late seventies.

Charles Bronfman, the owner, rolled out the red carpet. Money and term were more than generous for that era. The Expos had a great farm system and young emerging stars like Carter, Dawson, Valentine, Rogers and more on the way. Sporting News called them ' the team of the eighties' as they were ending the seventies.

A new stadium was just built, fan interest was intense, with great attendance and enthusiasm. 

Then a certain George  Steinbrenner quickly ended any dreams of grandeur. Reggie probably played along  with the Expos for leverage, or maybe he was serious. In those days the Expos did sign some high profile free agents. 

But the Yankees always seemed to get who they really want. And this Cole scenario is making me uncomfortable. 

28 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Aren't the Angels more like the Clippers and the Yankees/Dodgers more like the Lakers?

In some ways, yes, but that's not the comparison I'm trying to make. Cole has been rumored to sign with the Angels because he's a local just like Kawhi was rumored to sign with the Lakers. Everyone, including myself, thought that Kawhi to the Lakers was a foregone conclusion, but that wasn't the case.

13 minutes ago, failos said:

In some ways, yes, but that's not the comparison I'm trying to make. Cole has been rumored to sign with the Angels because he's a local just like Kawhi was rumored to sign with the Lakers. Everyone, including myself, thought that Kawhi to the Lakers was a foregone conclusion, but that wasn't the case.

Well don’t you think it’s the other way around since everyone expects him to sign with the Yankees now?