• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon introduction

Chuck

Finally got around to watching this. I can’t remember the last time if ever being floored by a baseball press conference. Maddon said all the right things and then some. No wonder the Cubs were holding mock press conferences during their manager interviews. They have to try and find someone who can hold a candle to this guy.
Good luck with that. 

Haven't been this excited and happy about this team for a long time.  Actually I'm more excited now than when they signed Sciosh.  We're gonna win.  All Arte has to do is open that checkbook and it seems like he trusts Maddon enough to do that.  We're in for a beautiful era of Angels baseball.

1 hour ago, MacNasty said:

Haven't been this excited and happy about this team for a long time.  Actually I'm more excited now than when they signed Sciosh.  We're gonna win.  All Arte has to do is open that checkbook and it seems like he trusts Maddon enough to do that.  We're in for a beautiful era of Angels baseball.

I’ll believe it when I see it. 

6 hours ago, MacNasty said:

Image result for well let's not start ... each other's ... just yet

1 hour ago, RBM said:

My sincerest condolences @Lou. I am sorry for your loss and apologize that my post unknowingly has implications that may have hurt you personally.

I had no idea he lost his mom.  I don't know when this happened - but my sincere condolences as well to you @Lou

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

did anyone else find it odd that the backdrop for the stage looked eerily like the outfield wall at Wrigley?

and I don't know if he's been diagnosed, but madden comes across to me as having a significant amount of ADHD.

In this case I think ADHD is a whole lot better than low testosterone.iStock-490313840-e1509032224907.jpg

On 10/24/2019 at 11:39 PM, Troll Daddy said:

Strange ... I was always on the assumption that the majority here felt the manager has little impact on wins and losses 🤔 

I feel like it could be about +/-5 wins. Most managers don't make a huge impact and might get you a game or two.  If you assume that Ausmus and co. lost the clubhouse then maybe he was a -5 guy and if Joe gets it back he puts them back at neutral or plus a couple.  

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like it could be about +/-5 wins. Most managers don't make a huge impact and might get you a game or two.  If you assume that Ausmus and co. lost the clubhouse then maybe he was a -5 guy and if Joe gets it back he puts them back at neutral or plus a couple.  

Joe is labeled as a laid back manager. Someone who’s the players friend. Do you believe this a plus quality for our players?

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Joe is labeled as a laid back manager. Someone who’s the players friend. Do you believe this a plus quality for our players?

I've always heard that Joe is a good communicator which I'm big on.  There's probably a line that can be crossed if the manager just wants everyone to like him and doesn't get the players to take him seriously.  I don't think Joe crosses that line.  But maybe he did a little in Chicago and that's why they moved on from him.  Maybe it's because they were looking to have someone bring a little more intensity.  I am not sure of how this group will respond, but it does seem like the group could use some fun again.