• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Third starter or legit upgrade at catcher?

Docwaukee

A third starter or a legit upgrade at catcher?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. what is your choice

• Third starter
    • Legit upgrade at catcher

Just now, Blarg said:

The Angels have enough pitching depth that a third starter would not only be redundant but no better than what we have considering the budget allotment. Without a quality catcher there is no pitching upgrade. 

that's how I feel.  there's a huge potential upgrade at catcher yet what we could afford as the 3rd pitcher relative to what we've already got doesn't seem as big of a delta to me.  

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How bout Shoemaker as the 3rd arm which gives you possibly enough to upgrade at catcher as well.  

I would note that Shoemaker still has one more year of arbitration control according to Baseball-Reference.com so he may not be available if the Jays think he has recovered from his ACL injury. He has a sub-2.00 ERA before that injury occurred so they are more likely to gamble on running him out in their rotation to rebuild his value.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

who was the guy who used to make the stick man cartoons for AW?  those were hilarious.  

53 minutes ago, Tank said:

I thought it was @Rico

I'm pretty sure it was RIco and they were indeed hilarious.  I'd forgotten about those.

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’d choose three starters.  We need quality depth in the rotation and you literally can’t win without quality major league pitching.  Catchers have value on both sides of the ball, so if you can’t get offense from one you can probably get away with a really good defensive catcher, basically what they expect Stassi to be. 

yep

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think a lot of us are going to be disappointed this off season...

I agree unfortunately. 
I think the moves are obvious, but the cost will be prohibitive.
Cole alone wont get it done, they will have to be much more aggressive just to get him, and then realize the job is only half done. 
Its possible, the parts are out there, its just going to require them to go into payroll numbers they have never even dreamed of before.