Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Official Tulsi Thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Most Republicans may not be "all-in" on Trump, but there's a very large base who are more about Trump than anything else. He's a God to these people. 

Also, he angers the libs, which makes a lot of people on the right happy. Doesn't matter how much of a POS he is. It's all in the name of "winning" and "owning the libs". Dude could murder a puppy on live TV and people would cheer because he's owning the stupid hippy liberal animal rights SJW's. It's not only about "rejecting liberal views", it's about triggering them by any means necessary. That alone is detestable.

You can say the same thing about a chunk of voters on the left.  Some people are going to vote R or D and find a way to defend whoever the nominee is from their respective side no matter what.  

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find humor in Trump angering people on the left.  As soon as he won the election everything we heard the last so many years about being accepting went right out the window.  Some people proved that tolerance actually meant as long as it's something they agreed with.

Tulsi seems like a candidate who has a lot of qualities that would be great in the WH.  I'd take her over any of the other main candidates right now but as mentioned I don't think she has any chance in 2020.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is a Terrible human being, a bad leader, awful on economics, etc.

He is also hilarious and if we aren’t going to change our foreign policy and we aren’t going to increase freedom and decrease the scope of government I will take lolz over anything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find humor in Trump angering people on the left.  As soon as he won the election everything we heard the last so many years about being accepting went right out the window.  Some people proved that tolerance actually meant as long as it's something they agreed with.

Bingo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam said:

Trump is a Terrible human being, a bad leader, awful on economics, etc.

He is also hilarious and if we aren’t going to change our foreign policy and we aren’t going to increase freedom and decrease the scope of government I will take lolz over anything else

Double Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You can say the same thing about a chunk of voters on the left.  Some people are going to vote R or D and find a way to defend whoever the nominee is from their respective side no matter what.  

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find humor in Trump angering people on the left.  As soon as he won the election everything we heard the last so many years about being accepting went right out the window.  Some people proved that tolerance actually meant as long as it's something they agreed with.

Tulsi seems like a candidate who has a lot of qualities that would be great in the WH.  I'd take her over any of the other main candidates right now but as mentioned I don't think she has any chance in 2020.  

Both sides!

I think the only ones who find humor in it are people who lean to the right. Everyone else sees it as being pathetic. He's the Claude of Presidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

ftfy 

Nah. It doesn't take triggering to realize none of this is funny. It's just sad. 

Personally I think the POTUS should be held to a higher standard. But that's just me IMHO JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be so weird if the DNC chose not to support an exciting candidate with a (potential at this point) ground-swell of support in favor of an old establishment dem with the pulse and wide-spectrum appeal of a turnip. We’ve literally never seen them do that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Nah. It doesn't take triggering to realize none of this is funny. It's just sad. 

Personally I think the POTUS should be held to a higher standard. But that's just me IMHO JMO

87c86ea3e38b239ca16ca512ec38edf6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Tulsi seems like a candidate who has a lot of qualities that would be great in the WH.  I'd take her over any of the other main candidates right now but as mentioned I don't think she has any chance in 2020.  

Yeah, but you'd also take Hillary over Trump, too. That's still an option for you. She just needs to join the race.

Also, I'd definitely vote for Tulsi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether it's GWB, Obama or Trump it is what it is and it seems like a waste of time and energy to complain or worry about it but to each their own.  GWB was a guy I'd maybe have a beer with, Obama spoke of hope/change but he was a politician just like the rest and Trump is just a terrible human being yet he was somehow preferable for enough voters to Hillary.  None of them are people I would want in the WH but that's what we got and once the elections were done it isn't going to ruin my day.  I frankly don't care about having a president who makes people feel all warm and cuddly when he or she talks because they're all slinging bullshit.  A lot of what they do doesn't always directly impact our daily lives much and it's par for the course - continue running deficits, rail against wars/healthcare/whatever then do nothing about it once they're in office.  I also don't care a whole lot about our standing or reputation in the world because that mentality is what has us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, making more enemies and costing lives and dollars in never ending wars.  I don't expect any of it to change because that's the way the world works so I'm just going to do what I can to take care of me and mine, do right by others and hopefully be left alone for the most part.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junkorama said:

They were rejecting all of those other liberal Republicans and their left wing, progressive agendas. Clearly.

In the general election vs Clinton?  
You do realize the Dems nominating Clinton is what gave us Trump i hope.  Once the left went to the edge the right had to reciprocate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, floplag said:

In the general election vs Clinton?  
You do realize the Dems nominating Clinton is what gave us Trump i hope.  Once the left went to the edge the right had to reciprocate.  

In the primaries, man. They didn't have to choose him in the primaries. Good lord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junkorama said:

They were rejecting all of those other liberal Republicans and their left wing, progressive agendas. Clearly.

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are such libs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

I used to like Tulsi.  Now I regret it just like my Stein vote.  If it quacks like a plant...

I'm not surprised that you voted for Stein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this