• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Batter in AFL gets thrown out after robo call called strike

yk9001

42 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Man if they implement this system hitting .270 is gonna win you the MVP. 

I don’t think this is good for baseball. I used to think so but it’s just gonna kill the offense. And that’s not good for the popularity of the sport.

These are professional hitters, so they should be able to adjust.

Then again, they don't seem to be able to adjust to the shift ...

This is part of the reason im against it, it will fundamentally change the strike zone.
That pitch was probably a strike, per the rules of the box the system was programmed with, but did anything think it was from looking at it?
And the high strike that literally never gets called today?
I think this helps pitchers, a lot, and it will hurt batters and could even drop the HR totals and other issues as no one with any control is going to be throwing what they have to throw today to get those calls. 
Its a paradigm shift, not only in how the game is called, but how it will be played.   It feels like one of those "be careful what you ask for" situation. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

for every one of the above example where the ball nicks the zone and the catcher doesn't receive it well so it would never be called a strike, there are 2 or 3 call 3-4 inches off the outside corner that don't touch the zone but guys get wrung up.  Personally, I think it would even out and at least you'd know it was going to be consistent whereas with live umps the zone can change from pitch to pitch.  

and batters better learn to adjust...maybe it starts to take them away from playing for the long ball and just sitting on a single zone because the high strike comes back into play. Hitters will have to learn how to hit again.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

for every one of the above example where the ball nicks the zone and the catcher doesn't receive it well so it would never be called a strike, there are 2 or 3 call 3-4 inches off the outside corner that don't touch the zone but guys get wrung up.  Personally, I think it would even out and at least you'd know it was going to be consistent whereas with live umps the zone can change from pitch to pitch.  

Maybe. I think they need a 2-3 year beta test at the lower levels and then to try it in ST games and maybe sprinkle it into some regular season games before adopting it

It’s extremely lame to think that baseball needs to radically change the way players hit and pitch because you’re mad about some bad strike calls.  

there are going to be all kinds of stupid ass things liked this that will happen because of a robot strike zone.  Things nobody is expecting and then it’ll be something new for people to fu*cking cry about.  Adjusting to the umpire and the pitcher is part of playing the game.  Sometimes it’s unfair.  Who gives a shit !  

leave a thing that doesn’t need to be fixed alone.  Baseball is a game goddamnit.  It’s not that important.  And if you can't just enjoy it on its own terms.  You’re the fuc*king problem. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

leave a thing that doesn’t need to be fixed a lone.  Baseball is a game goddamnit.  It’s not that important.  And if you can just enjoy it on its own terms.  You’re the fuc*king problem. 

This should give @EnglishCop a migraine.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Any paradigm shifts toward "accurate" or "correct" or "right" is good by me.

Typically i would agree with those words, but based on what definition?
In todays game the high strike is non existent.  Pitchers are getting calls below the knees.  Its a pretty radical change to just jump back to the rulebook definition, dont you think?  Its likely to have as much impact as the changing balls have had.
After decades of lowering it, now were just going to snap back?
Should be interesting.