Sign in to follow this  
Dochalo

Player A vs. Player B

On 10/17/2019 at 12:57 PM, Angel Oracle said:

This, with Hamels being the third addition for two years, and bringing back Machete is what I want to see.    Then for the next two seasons, the starters are Cole, Wheeler, Hamels, Ohtani, Heaney, and Canning.   Which allows Sandoval, Suarez, and Barria extra development in the minors.   

Sign Wheeler and Hamels first, and then it's not so much pressure on signing Cole.    Hopefully, Cole likes the ides of returning home and playing for a solid manager who has led two different teams to the WS. 

Grandal's so-so work behind the plate concerns me some.   The hitting is certainly there. 

I would love to see the Angels sign Cole, Wheeler, Hamels and Machete.  That would turn this team into serious competitors in 2020.

If they went with Grandal, I wouldn't complain though.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, Second Base said:

A potential 5 win pitcher with upper echelon velocity and low miles? Yeah, he's going to have plenty of potential suitirs. My guess is he gets 5/105.

I just don't see it.  Especially with the recent decline in huge contracts last off-season.  Either way, I want him for the Angels.

Even if Strasburg opts out, I'd push hard for Wheeler - with Cole and Strasburg both Boras players, we can't put all of our eggs in the Boras basket - he'll want to string it out - can't let the market pass us by while we wait.  

Make an early run at all 3, but I'd see us making a strong push to sign Wheeler quickly, then Cole.  

Of course, can hope Cole wants to play for the Angels, and will settle quickly on a contract.

4/75M backloaded is probably close for Wheeler considering what Eovaldi (4/68) got last year. Maybe 5/96M I think that's high for him and hes never won more than 12 games in his career.

He has the stats but not the "W/L" of a Top tier guy. 44 wins in 5 years = avg approx. 9 per year.

He's also only struck out more than a hitter per inning once in his career, tied it once and a few under another. Hes close 749 inn/ 726 k's.

I like him. I just dont believe he will get paid as a #1 or #2 as he's been a 3/4 most of his career and the W's/L's record will say a lot based on the rotation he was in.

I could actually see him signing and going back to the Giants though. They drafted him.

I would love to have him!

14 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

He has the stats but not the "W/L" of a Top tier guy. 44 wins in 5 years = avg approx. 9 per year.

That would have made him our ace