• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon and LA Angels agree to three-year deal to become next manager

rafibomb

I am happy to have Maddon.  May I have one request though?  Can we all ignore and get over the fact that he wears that style of glasses?  No Maddon glasses night, don’t wear Maddon glasses to get on TV, and please Angel announcers, don’t pretend the glasses are interesting as a subject of discussion.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am happy to have Maddon.  May I have one request though?  Can we all ignore and get over the fact that he wears that style of glasses?  No Maddon glasses night, don’t wear Maddon glasses to get on TV, and please Angel announcers, don’t pretend the glasses are interesting as a subject of discussion.

Fat chance, pal

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

What you've just done is the same thing as saying Beetlejuice three times...

I love the Mickey Callaway idea for pitching coach.  

many say he was a huge influence on Kluber's success as a late bloomer and as well apparently doing a great job with several others on the indians staff from 2013 to 2017.  

He also got Ubaldo back on track in 2013.  

This could be a really great addition.  

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

cat glasses GIF

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Nope. Cry about it if you need to, though.

194-1948798_sunglass-clipart-shirt-joe-maddon-glasses-png.png

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Joe manages with his instincts and not some piece of paper with numbers on it.

good hire 

this is a common misconception for both Scioscia and Maddon.  They both use numbers a fair amount.  It's what guided their 'instinct'.  All good managers do and it's what has made them good managers.  Before advanced metrics were presented to all these guys on an ipad, the numbers were hand written or rolling around in the manager's brain somewhere.  It was their ability to assimilate all that info and turn it into useful info to help win games.