• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Possible sanctions? (Fines and E. Kay suspension)

Claude

Makes sense. You can’t have an employee selling drugs. If one of my employees was selling drugs to another employee. I’d probably be liable. This isn’t good news for the Angels. I thought this story would end on its own. But it doesn’t seem like it. This would definitely be bad news all around. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Makes sense. You can’t have an employee selling drugs. If one of my employees was selling drugs to another employee. I’d probably be liable. This isn’t good news for the Angels. I thought this story would end on its own. But it doesn’t seem like it. This would definitely be bad news all around. 

There really isn’t anything new here. Pretty clearly there would be consequences if more people knew about it and did nothing. The real question - which we don’t know and probably won’t anytime soon - is whether any evidence exists of a deeper coverup. 

I suspect the results will be limited even if such is shown. People will get fired and/or banned from baseball. They likely get fined, rather than face a loss of draft picks or something of that kind. 

Won’t be pleasant for Arte, even though I’m fairly sure he had no knowledge or involvement whatsoever, but it’s unlikely to have much significance for the on-field product. 

What kind of Sanction will the angels be hit with? 

You also have to consider these player got thru MLB's drug policies with ease.

the fines and a ban is definitely possible, but what else? Are we going to lose draft picks? ban from international market for a few years (even tho it felt like it during Dipoto's Dark Era).

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

What kind of Sanction will the angels be hit with? 

You also have to consider these player got thru MLB's drug policies with ease.

the fines and a ban is definitely possible, but what else? Are we going to lose draft picks? ban from international market for a few years (even tho it felt like it during Dipoto's Dark Era).

Fines.....that's what the rules in place dictate.  Beyond that, people could be banned.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Fines.....that's what the rules in place dictate.  Beyond that, people could be banned.

If Mead was really aware which I find difficult to believe, I think he would’ve shared that information by using caution and care. I don’t think it would be his direct responsibility to act on it. That responsibility would be on Eppler, Risk Management and HR. 

perhaps a slight tap on the wrist so MLB can show the public they're engaged.  Anything more than that can set off a chain reaction for all 30 teams and maybe other sports.  MLB does not want to open a can of worms that could potentially put a lot of players at risk for getting busted because they use recreational drugs.  Even the mlbpa is considering regular testing for opioids.  Notice how that was very specific and doesn't include other drugs of potential abuse or even all illegal drugs?  

I guarantee that every team has players they are suspicious of and haven't done everything they should to bring it to someone's attention.  

Whatever gets done will be so very quietly and without much fanfare.   

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

perhaps a slight tap on the wrist so MLB can show the public they're engaged.  Anything more than that can set off a chain reaction for all 30 teams and maybe other sports.  MLB does not want to open a can of worms that could potentially put a lot of players at risk for getting busted because they use recreational drugs.  Even the mlbpa is considering regular testing for opioids.  Notice how that was very specific and doesn't include other drugs of potential abuse or even all illegal drugs?  

I guarantee that every team has players they are suspicious of and haven't done everything they should to bring it to someone's attention.  

Whatever gets done will be so very quietly and without much fanfare.   

hey Doc, wouldn't it be best if this came into the light? This should be a strictly "help" strategem first before turning punitive.

11 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

If Mead was really aware which I find difficult to believe, I think he would’ve shared that information by using caution and care. I don’t think it would be his direct responsibility to act on it. That responsibility would be on Eppler, Risk Management and HR. 

It also would involve testing and the MLB/Players Union agreement....I don’t think the organization could have made a unilateral move, if they knew or suspected....

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

hey Doc, wouldn't it be best if this came into the light? This should be a strictly "help" strategem first before turning punitive.

absolutely, but MLB, MLBPA and all the teams/owners will want it to be on their terms so they can drive the bus and not be reactive to media related to one incident if they do decide to pursue cleaning up this issue.  

what I don't think they'll do is to make an example of the Angels in a huge way because of the uncontrolled collateral damage that could have across the league.  This is fairly public right now.  I think they need to improve their process by a lot or at least enforce it but I doubt they want to do so in a public forum