• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Its possible, but doubtful unless there is evidence it goes beyond Kay. Not just his word, but actual proof. Its too early to know whether or not that might be the case. 

It will be interesting on how quick the civil action gets resolved. It's a black eye for the Angels organization and MLB. They all want this to go away ASAP.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

How in the heck are the Angels supposed to convince Maddon or any major free agent to sign with the team, or even return to contention with this hanging over their head?

Maddon is a manager. Ausmus was a babysitter. Maddon will do great here.

20 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

When all of the dust clears it wouldn't surprise me to see Major League Baseball impose some type of league sanctions on the Angels like a loss of draft picks or something similar.

I doubt it.  Sanctioning an organization for the actions of a few people who were doing things on their own makes little sense.

10 minutes ago, Second Base said:

How in the heck are the Angels supposed to convince Maddon or any major free agent to sign with the team, or even return to contention with this hanging over their head?

This is what I'm thinking. Is Maddon going to want to be anywhere near this org?

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

This is a bit of an over reaction.  This will pass.  Life goes on.  It always does.

My two cents....

The guy who got Skaggs the drugs should have never got him the drugs in the first place, that said Skaggs had a problem that maybe could have been dealt with before it ended with his untimely death. 

Seems like Skaggs had a real problem for a real long time that a lot of people had to know about but no one really helped him it seemed. His family, his friends or his colleagues. There is no way like we've all been saying that his teammates didn't have a clue what was going on. Not that this means anything, but a friend of mines friend is on the Angels and he was one of the guys who was worried about him that night and got one of the coaches to come to his room and that's when they found him dead. 

This is a huge PR hit for the team, but can we stop saying we. We are not apart of the Angels organization, we are fans of the team. Sure it casts a dark light over our favorite team but it doesn't look poorly on us that the organization "turned a blind eye to this" It sucks we have to read this stuff, and probably more stuff will come down the pipeline as a result of this investigation. But money talks if we offer the highest bid for free agents they will come and this Skaggs story will be over and done with. 

Drug use is rampant in society and rampant in sports. 20 something year old kids with millions of dollars and a problem are going to do some fucked up shit. It is what it is. Doesn't make the loss of Skaggs hurt any less for his teammates, friends, family or fans. 

This still all sucks. For his family, friends, teammates and us fans. this news doesn't make it any easier. If you want to blame the guy who got him the drugs fine, if you want to blame Skaggs for getting into this stuff fine, if you want to blame dumb luck fine. It just sucks. Be nice to each other, we all have no clue what we are all going through internally. Hopefully this helps people realize some different stuff, here's hoping. 

4 minutes ago, azmancini said:

Chuck, sorry, but if he was such a great guy, he wouldn’t be in this situation. Sick and tired of this addiction excuse cover.

You do realize that people are complex and multi-faceted? 

I don't know the guy, so have no idea about him personally. That's partially why I reserve judgement. But I also know human nature well enough that I feel comfortable saying that a person can be great in some ways, shitty in others. In fact, I've never known anyone who is all good or all bad (and of course, "good" and "bad" aren't absolutes, but dependent upon your value system).

4 minutes ago, azmancini said:

Yeah, Kay is such a good guy throwing others under the bus to save his own Hyde!

So he’s a bad guy for outing people who also kept this a secret? I’m confused I thought he was supposed to seek help for Skaggs. Who’s he supposed to protect?

Also  I’m pretty sure being federally investigated is pretty terrifying. So I would assume he’s probably just trying to stay out of jail. But I don’t know the guy 

48 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

All except for a player dying is. The point, which a few of you seem incapable of grasping is that this kind of culture is likely in many orgs, the Angels just happened to be the one where the guy OD’d. 

It's high level thinking.  

Just now, azmancini said:

He’s outing them after Skaggs is dead! Now, how does that help Skaggs?

So it doesn’t happen again. Being as I’ve never been investigated or investigated by the federal government. I imagine that’s a pretty terrifying thing. Also seeing a friend of yours die has to be crushing as well. We can all pretend like we wouldn’t say anything but. Everyone talks eventually. 

Just gonna add...

Obviously this is bad pub, but everyone is head in the sand if they think this is a problem unique to the Angels.

Drugs are MLB wide, and sports wide. Starts in the minors (sooner for some).

Does this mean every athlete uses? Of course not. But does every org have someone that does? Absolutely.

Fent is the boogieman drug right now. Its dangerous as hell, and the general public knows about it. So this stands out for that. And I have no clue if its popular in sports (doesnt seem like it would be). 

But coke sure as hell is.....

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Hard to remain a fan of this messed up team at this point, it really is.

Again, fire everyone involved and get rid of the drugs!!

You can’t just fire everyone. There’s a lot of people in the organization. And the people you bring in won’t all be perfect. Everyone has baggage everyone has issues. Figure out the problem. Find a way to solve it. And move forward as an organization. Also drugs aren’t going away. They’re a multi billion dollar industry. 

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

You can’t just fire everyone. There’s a lot of people in the organization. And the people you bring in won’t all be perfect. Everyone has baggage everyone has issues. Figure out the problem. Find a way to solve it. And move forward as an organization. Also drugs aren’t going away. They’re a multi billion dollar industry. 

Exactly.

Right now there are 4 teams playing... the other 26 have 4 months off. Keeping tabs on all those guys isnt going to happen.

Youd literally have to test them every day or every other day.