• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Let's see. 25 guys (plus or mine a dozen or two more, at different points in the season) spend eight months together in a shared endeavor, working a playing together, a lot of that in the same hotel. 

If anyone on the roster didn't know that Skaggs at least had a penchant for partying a little harder than most, I'd be very surprised.

Partying is one thing.  Drug abusers in the clubhouse is another.

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Because they are the joke of the league right now. Between this, the Hamilton thing, the Dipoto debacle, Pujols, the list goes on and on and on. Far more good than bad. A few great talents doesn't change that

I agree, although I would temper it and say "overall more good than bad."

But seriously, I know what you meant. Almost all of what you mentioned are things from the past that still have an impact on the team, but are gradually lessening in impact -- partially due to moves that Eppler has made. 

"Joke of the league" is hyperbole. The team has issues, agreed, but there are lots of good things as well, positive developments. You can't just list the bad stuff but ignore the good.

How convenient is it that the *one* time Skaggs OD’ed is the one time Eric Kay didn’t provide him with the drugs and participate? I mean what are the chances?

“Yes DEA agent sir, I regularly supplied Skaggs with opiates and smoked/inhaled/injected with him. Oh on the day he died? Nope wasn’t me.”

31 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

But my question: do you think his teammates didn't know he took things too far? 

Partying and drug abuse are a spectrum -- not unlike how enjoying food and binge-eating are.

Some very likey did.  But private lives of people on the clubhouse is not common knowledge to everyone.

21 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Except for the fact that someone died because of this. I don't see the parallel to hacking you are making

The point is that most organizations do shady things. If you don’t think so, you’re hopelessly naive. Skaggs died because Skaggs was abusing drugs with alcohol. That’s a ticking time bomb. The Angels or some in the organization may or may not have known. I would imagine a lot of organizations could have easily had this happen. I think the players are well aware stuff like this goes on. 

Only reasons I could see this becoming a issue is if I’m completely wrong about how widespread the problem is, if there’s evidence taking it up high into the organization leading to big names getting banned, or if the publicity is bad enough that guys like Maddon and Cole don’t want to get mixed up with it. 

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Out of curiosity, how is this a troll post, @GrittyVeterans? Or are you just being petulant?

He enjoys giving out random "Troll" votes to anyone who dares disagree with him. It gives him purpose. Let him have this.

Edited by tdawg87

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Some very orova ly did.  But private lives of people on the clubhouse is not common knowledge to everyone.

I think I understand?

Anyhow, I've never been on a sports team, but considering they spend eight months of the year together, half the time in a shared hotel--sometimes for many years--I'm guessing they get to know eachother pretty well.

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Are you really closing the door on your way out? Come one, don't be pissy. I get it - it probably wasn't well-considered timing on his part. I just dislike scapegoating. 

Quit the BS already -- You haven't ever made me pissy,  more importantly I'm hardly scapegoating anyone -- but it was my desire to avoid having to respond to jibberish like this that led me to emphatically state my position.  

Again, I found it crass given everything that happened, I don't really feel the need to explain it more than that -- I really shouldn't have to.   If you think that makes me a Miss Polly Prissy Pants -- so be it, but lets make sure you actually focus on what I'm actually repulsed by.  It wasn't the drug usage.

We get each other yet?

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Quit the BS already -- You haven't ever made me pissy,  more importantly I'm hardly scapegoating anyone -- but it was my desire to avoid having to respond to jibberish like this that led me to emphatically state my position.  

Again, I found it crass given everything that happened, I don't really feel the need to explain it more than that -- I really shouldn't have to.   If you think that makes me a Miss Polly Prissy Pants -- so be it, but lets make sure you actually focus on what I'm actually repulsed by.  It wasn't the drug usage.

We get each other yet?

I get it, Inside. And as I said, I don't disagree that it was crass. It doesn't repulse me, but if it does you, no big deal to me. I enjoy our interactions on this forum, so its ok if we have this little bump.

27 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I take it you're a bit upset? 

It isn't so clear-cut, Blarg. I know people want to find singular individuals to blame, but these sorts of things aren't so simple or tidy. There's no clear line where on one side these people are to blame and on the other, these people are completely innocent.

They have the shooter. Let's start there, then you can play the grassy knoll to your hearts content. 

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

According to the two sources familiar with what Kay told DEA investigators, Kay told agents that he had first mentioned Skaggs’ use to Mead in 2017. In addition, Kay told investigators about a second Angels official who knew of Skaggs’ use.

Can I get a link to that?