• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I feel bad for him because addiction is a serious thing and I knew the guy, and outside of his addiction that I had no idea about, he was a great guy. A family man. I feel sorry because he's pretty much ruined now. 

I don't think any of us should judge as we've been guilty of one thing or another in our lifetimes. 

F*ck you, Tank is a Saint. 

This kind of drug use is probably more common than you all think. The spot light is on the Angels because Skaggs ended up dying. Hopefully this gets a lot of teams to make sure it isn’t happening in their org and stop it if it is. I don’t think this will have a major fallout for the Angels moving forward 

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I feel bad for him because addiction is a serious thing and I knew the guy, and outside of his addiction that I had no idea about, he was a great guy. A family man. I feel sorry because he's pretty much ruined now. 

I don't think any of us should judge as we've been guilty of one thing or another in our lifetimes. 

Nope. Not guilty of anything heinous that has caused another person's death. Fuck this asshole and throw him in jail.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

This kind of drug use is probably more common than you all think. The spot light is on the Angels because Skaggs ended up dying. Hopefully this gets a lot of teams to make sure it isn’t happening in their org and stop it if it is. I don’t think this will have a major fallout for the Angels moving forward 

Opiate abuse is a nation-wide epidemic. 

Unless drug use is a lot less common than I suspect, I tend to doubt it will directly affect signings. But I don’t think Maddon will be signing and getting a press conference or this will dominate the questions. 

The bigger question is who knew and who will get fired. Tend to doubt Eppler will since unless there’s something directly linking him, he’s probably as safe as Carpino or Kuhl. Heck, I’m not even convinced Mead will suffer anything because of it. Really just depends how much evidence there is. 

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

He didn't cause Skaggs' death. I'd say, sadly, that Skaggs caused his own death. As far as we know, no one was forcing him to take opiates and fentanyl.

This isn't about blame. Skaggs had a problem and/or just got out of hand that one night. 

The article seemed to suggest that the drugs from that night were not from Kay (at least so he said). Implication being that the fentanyl was new and/or Skaggs didnt realize what he was taking.

17 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

How is not going to college an increased risk factor for partying?

That is not what I said. It is difficult to be responsible when you have the type of resources and temptations available to professional athletes. The added experience, education, maturing provided during the college years has to have some benefit in this regard.

If I had to bet, I would bet this is almost in every clubhouse in every pro sports team in every league. These dudes sign these contracts worth millions of dollars and are expected to perform. They numb he pain with this shit. We are the organization that got caught and are dealing with it publicly now. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He didn't cause Skaggs' death. I'd say, sadly, that Skaggs caused his own death. As far as we know, no one was forcing him to take opiates and fentanyl.

This isn't about blame. Skaggs had a problem and/or just got out of hand that one night. 

super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is about blame. What the hell is wrong with you? This isn't teenage shoplifting. This is hard core drug abuse with a supplier in the organization that facilitated the means to Skaggs death rather than execute his duties and get him help. That fuck face needs to burn for what he did. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is about blame. What the hell is wrong with you? This isn't teenage shoplifting. This is hard core drug abuse with a supplier in the organization that facilitated the means to Skaggs death rather than execute his duties and get him help. That F*ck face needs to burn for what he did. 

So you think Skaggs wouldn't have found drugs elsewhere? And if you want to blame someone for not getting Skaggs help, I'm guessing you're going to find a list of dozens of people who would share that blame - probably including most, if not all, of the team roster. 

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be punished and/or fired. I'm saying that it isn't anyone's fault that Skaggs is dead, other than Skaggs himself. Evidently others are complicit, but I'm not going to blame anyone other than Skaggs for his problem, and even then I don't feel inclined to blame...It is a tragedy.

Between the Braves stuff and Dodgers a few years ago - and wasn’t it the Astros who got hacking into the Cardinals proprietary data? - it’ll blow over. If this kind of stuff is fairly common in MLB, the only reason it might have an effect is if the publicity makes it so. Hard to tell at the moment.