• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

The impression I got was the players were all at one point on the Angels. But they were not all necessarily at the same time. They may have been separate names at different times over that couple year period. 

Could be guys in the minors, too. 

Id bet theres an even chance that as much as it could be guys we know (and some are suspecting) as it could be one of the filler types weve had over the last few seasons.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Could be guys in the minors, too. 

Id bet theres an even chance that as much as it could be guys we know (and some are suspecting) as it could be one of the filler types weve had over the last few seasons.

I don’t remember if it was specified. Wasn’t the impression I got, but it’s possible, I suppose. 

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

this started before Ausmus got here.  It was clear that Skaggs and MS didn't see eye to eye based on certain comments Skaggs make when MS was on the way out.  I think it was because Skaggs like to 'party'.  Did MS think he was abusing drugs?  I doubt it, but my guess is that he questioned his dedication and knew Skaggs like to 'have fun' between starts.  My guess is that's the reason MS didn't like Napoli.  But I don't think Ausmus was privy to any more than Mike.  

I’m willing to bet that Ausmus just wanted everyone to like him, was everyone’s friend and stayed completely out of everyone’s personal business. Unfortunately for him, his hands off management style coincided with 90 losses. 

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Maybe this was already memtioned, but that bottom part is key. 

Of the supposed 5 Kay mentioned, I imagine 2 were hamilton and hanson.

Kinsler? Cozart? Um Upton? These guys all had injuries and shared the same plane rides.

Ausmus' issues in Detroit and here was lack of communication. And what has been stated is White had issues communicating also. I just dont believe Ausmus knew what was going on around him as he seemed distant from the players. I could be incorrect?

Sven seemed like he communicated well with the vets and the young everyday players. Where he was able to succeed was based on his group of coaches who were all very good communicators, teachers and mentors of the players. Sven and his coaching staff seemed more hands on had distinctive delegated positions but where open to all and had many years of playing and coaching experience.

Which is what I believe Maddon brings back a hands on, communicative, family/team type environment where his coaching staffs (in Tampa and Chicago were hands on). We will have to see who he brings in with him and who stays.

I always seem to speak a foreign language here so maybe you will understand maybe you wont.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:19 PM, Dochalo said:

I have to believe that if anyone in the org had known that Kay was obtaining and then selling drugs to ANYONE, let alone to others within the org, he would have been so fired. 

there also a big difference between finding out that someone hangs out or parties with a guy who is known to do some drugs and actually being told that the someone is doing drugs.   

people around here probably have plenty of friends or others they've hung out with who do recreational drugs but they themselves do not partake in such.  

how far are people in various orgs supposed to run with their assumptions about associations?  

Back in the day, I ran with a crowd. Well, more like a couple of people.

Let's just say that I have been drug-adjacent but have never partaken myself. Hell, I'm still adjacent to drugs, but some of them are legal here.