• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

7 minutes ago, nate said:

This is ugly.  Eric Kay should be fired, and Tim Mead is going to have to worry about his position with the HoF now.  Those other 5 players, if they are still with the team should be released.

How in the world does MLB not test for this stuff?

This kind of thing probably happens a lot more in professional sports than we realize, as sad as that is. 

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So....  this is actually up on his Twitter on July 10th..

https://twitter.com/EKay2121/status/1149052161591873537/photo/1

How is this dude not fired?

I'm sorry, but there's a world of difference between smoking weed and using opiates and fentanyl. Our culture is quickly accepting weed to be comparable to booze - and actually it is much safer.

My only concern with players smoking weed is that they might have less motivation to run out grounders.

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah man, this is bad. We need to sign Joe Maddon and start making some positive waves, including the trade market and as soon as FA begins make a nice splash or two. 

I wonder if this makes the manager position a little less palatable now.  I'm curious to see what, if any, fallout there is on that front. 

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm sorry, but there's a world of difference between smoking weed and using opiates and fentanyl. Our culture is quickly accepting weed to be comparable to booze - and actually it is much safer.

My only concern with players smoking weed is that they might have less motivation to run out grounders.

Forest for the trees time..

I could care less what the drug is -- joking like that (the subject matter), not even two weeks after the fact seems to show a total lack of concern for what had happened.   

This dude knew he was complicit, and apparently the Angels did as well -- that tweet couldnt be any more inappropriate.

22 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Damn, I feel bad for Eric. He's a good guy. I've known him for many years as he was mentored by Tim Mead to eventually take his gig after he left.

I highly doubt Tim Mead had any knowledge of this.

Fuck this asshole. He just gave $50 million to Tyler's mom by abetting. Money that Arte is going to have to pay because it wasn't some bagage handler. I hope his ass is jailed and nobody gives him a whiff of sympathy because he was an addict. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I wonder if this makes the manager position a little less palatable now.  I'm curious to see what, if any, fallout there is on that front. 

Yeah, I don't know if it will or not. I do know that 29 other teams and the players/FO workers have done these types of drugs -- they just didn't get caught.

I'm sure Maddon and every FA available has seen it in the clubhouse and around the club in general when it comes to using these drugs.

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Damn, I feel bad for Eric. He's a good guy. I've known him for many years as he was mentored by Tim Mead to eventually take his gig after he left.

I highly doubt Tim Mead had any knowledge of this.

Chuck!  You feel bad for Eric?  He was the middle man.  I don't feel bad at all for him. His ass should be canned from the organization and everyone else involved.  I wonder if it started with Josh Hamilton.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I feel bad for him because addiction is a serious thing and I knew the guy, and outside of his addiction that I had no idea about, he was a great guy. A family man. I feel sorry because he's pretty much ruined now. 

I don't think any of us should judge as we've been guilty of one thing or another in our lifetimes. 

I hear ya.  I guess I am just seeing from the fan side of things.  Point taken. 

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Forest for the trees time..

I could care less what the drug is -- joking like that (the subject matter), not even two weeks after the fact seems to show a total lack of concern for what had happened.   

This dude knew he was complicit, and apparently the Angels did as well -- that tweet couldnt be any more inappropriate.

I dunno. Would you have been less offended if it was a picture of a dude drinking a beer? For many, weed is no different than that: a now (mostly) legal  plant that people use to unwind, relax, chill, etc.

Maybe the timing wasn't great, and I'm not interested in defending (or blaming) anyone. I just don't think posting a picture of Chris Tucker smoking a joint is all that offensive.