• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hong Kong and China

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I asked a question first. 

We don't know.

Was Morey was only thinking about himself when he tweeted his support for Hong Kong?  What is the negativity (besides potential financial impact) that has happened as a result from it?

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

1. if you don't know, why is he a clown?

2. I don't know

I thought you meant was he educated, to which I responded I don't know.

If the question was was Morey only thinking about himself when he tweeted, I'm going to say no, he wasn't only thinking about himself going to tweet something sensitive that would be viewed negatively by the NBA's second largest market when stating his support for Hong Kong.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

I did. 

I know that was the only quote in the tweet, but my clown comment was in response to the rest of the 45 seconds.  

Who has been harmed, emotionally and physically, due to his tweet? And how does it compare to the people of Hong Kong that are actually affected? 

Besides the impact on his own finances (which I don’t blame, just keep quiet or take the Steve Kerr route instead of taking the China side if you’re going to be the voice of free speech and being more than an athlete), what are the consequences and ramifications of the tweet?

Funny when monies involved, he’s not more than an athlete and he wants to shut up and dribble. 

This is possibly the worst take by an athlete in recent years.
WTF was so hard about their week anyway?
Hes Mr i speak my mind when it comes to social issues here in the US but people literally dying in Honk Kong over the right to be as much of an asshole as he was here, and now he wants to shut up and be nice?  Actually that would have been an upgrade.
People want to be so angry over syria that they are now making shit up to justify it, but this... this he defends?
I guess getting paid changes everything for some people... call it a shill or a whore the result is the same, hes profiting over peoples deaths at this point.
Grats LeBron, you just sank any credibility you ever had in less than 140 characters.

2 hours ago, junkorama said:

It seems to me that Lebron is the only one speaking true truth to this. He's making a stand for what's right and to hell with the haters. Lebron is in the right here and stands for all that is good. 

with that kind of solid character, he should be a clipper for life.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I liked the ending.

Oppressed Chinese citizens admitted that their constant fear of being punished by their corrupt Communist government is nothing compared with the concerns of tweeting a couple things that might get some backlash, or losing a percentage of your profits because you spoke up against totalitarianism. From protesters in the semi-autonomous Hong Kong to the underground church in China, Chinese people from all walks of life offered their deepest apologies for being insensitive to the struggles of being a rich basketball player.

"It was wrong of us to minimize the hurt and pain felt by LeBron James, whose net worth is around half a billion dollars," said the representative. "In fact, I would go so far as to say---"

Unfortunately, his communication with us was cut off as he was apprehended by Hong Kong police.