• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Projected arbitration salaries...

floplag

Taken from here for whatever its worth... 
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/mlb-arbitration-salaries-2020.html

Angels (12)

• Tommy La Stella – $2.9MM
  • Luis Garcia – $2.3MM
  • Justin Bour – $2.9MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $2.8MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $5.0MM
  • Hansel Robles – $4.0MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.1MM
  • Max Stassi – $800K
  • Kevan Smith – $1.3MM
  • Brian Goodwin – $2.1MM
  • Keynan Middleton – $800K
  • Noe Ramirez – $1.0MM

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Taken from here for whatever its worth... 
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/mlb-arbitration-salaries-2020.html

Angels (12)

• Tommy La Stella – $2.9MM
  • Luis Garcia – $2.3MM
  • Justin Bour – $2.9MM
  • Cam Bedrosian – $2.8MM
  • Andrew Heaney – $5.0MM
  • Hansel Robles – $4.0MM
  • Nick Tropeano – $1.1MM
  • Max Stassi – $800K
  • Kevan Smith – $1.3MM
  • Brian Goodwin – $2.1MM
  • Keynan Middleton – $800K
  • Noe Ramirez – $1.0MM

At those prices I would let go of Garcia, Bour and Trop.  It also opens up 3 spots on the 40 man roster.  

18 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Tropeano and Smith are out of options. They will be non-tendered probably. Garcia and Bout will be non-tendered for sure.

Cuts payroll land opens up roster spots.

I don’t think they non tender Smith unless they sign a catcher. Stassi doesn’t hit. Remember that arbitration salaries are not guaranteed until day one of the season. They can wait for a hearing and then cut him.

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

They might tender him, and then chase a catcher. If they fail, they'll use Smith, and if they succeed, they will trade or release him.

I don't get to watch many games so I don't get to see the catchers' intangibles behind the plate. That said, Smith hit better by far than any of our other catchers. Yes, that is a low bar, but I'd say keep him at that price.

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

I don't get to watch many games so I don't get to see the catchers' intangibles behind the plate. That said, Smith hit better by far than any of our other catchers. Yes, that is a low bar, but I'd say keep him at that price.

Smith smashes LHP and he has been, to-date, an average defensive backstop. Perfectly acceptable choice as a backup catcher to start the season but I think the Angels can do better. If this comes down to a payroll allocation issue then Smith is okay to keep.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Smith struggles behind the player.

I’d non-tender Garcia (terrible command), Bour (poor OPS), Tropeano (shoulder concerns), and Smith.

That’s $7.6 million saved right there.

I'd do all of those, as well as shop Robles or Bedrosian and Goodwin or La Stella in the event someone pays something worth pulling the trigger on in order to save a few more bucks.

Obviously all four play a big part in 2020 team as it's currently constructed, but that also means they have trade value and it potentially frees up more money too.