• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The potential impact to the rotation for 2020. **WARNING ** Optimism

Docwaukee

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Was it Eppler or Ausmus, or both, who hired White?

Doesn't really matter who hired White.

It was Eppler's pitching plan that went horribly wrong.

If White was that bad Eppler should have done something about it.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Doesn't really matter who hired White.

It was Eppler's pitching plan that went horribly wrong.

If White was that bad Eppler should have done something about it.

How many times do we have to explain it to you pinheaded dolts. You can’t slap sugar on shit and call it candy. A great manager and pitching coach can maybe improve things a bit from last year, but unless you have the personnel (emptied by Dipoto, courtesy of Arte), you’re not going to be successful. Blaming Eppler is what halfwits do without the sense to evaluate anything. 

My goodness, fans are a bunch of dimwits.

@Dochalo, good stuff. You pretty much elaborated on what I was saying in the "+20 WAR" thread, detailing the rotation. I too think that there will be a lot of in-house improvements. I know we say that every year, but the big difference is that we now have a new wave of young guys. We're not talking about Heaney, Skaggs, Tropeano, Richards, Shoemaker finally putting it all together and reaching their collective potential. We're looking at a group of very young guys who are just getting going: Canning, Barria, Suarez, Sandoval, not to mention Ohtani. I don't expect any of these guys to be aces, but one or two could be mid-rotation and the other two either solid #5s or useful bullpen pieces. 

I see Canning as a solid #3 who will reach that level as soon as 2020. Sandoval has #3-4 potential and may surprise people. I don't see more than a #4-5 from Barria, which is pretty much what Pena's been, and Suarez might be better in the pen. But that's a useful group of pitchers to have as depth behind Cole/Strasburg, Wheeler/Odorizzi, Ohtani, and Heaney.

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

@Dochalo, good stuff. You pretty much elaborated on what I was saying in the "+20 WAR" thread, detailing the rotation. I too think that there will be a lot of in-house improvements. I know we say that every year, but the big difference is that we now have a new wave of young guys. We're not talking about Heaney, Skaggs, Tropeano, Richards, Shoemaker finally putting it all together and reaching their collective potential. We're looking at a group of very young guys who are just getting going: Canning, Barria, Suarez, Sandoval, not to mention Ohtani. I don't expect any of these guys to be aces, but one or two could be mid-rotation and the other two either solid #5s or useful bullpen pieces. 

I see Canning as a solid #3 who will reach that level as soon as 2020. Sandoval has #3-4 potential and may surprise people. I don't see more than a #4-5 from Barria, which is pretty much what Pena's been, and Suarez might be better in the pen. But that's a useful group of pitchers to have as depth behind Cole/Strasburg, Wheeler/Odorizzi, Ohtani, and Heaney.

Not mentioned at all here is Dillon Peters too. He slipped a bit there at the end, but for several weeks there he was looking every bit the legit SP prospect the Marlins thought they had. He's young enough and had enough pedigree too that there's a reasonable chance he could give you good #4 production over the course of a year if his talents actualize. 

And I saw a lot of good things from Barria, Sandoval, and Suarez to end the year. The rotation can really develop quickly if we get some luck, which I honestly think we're due.