• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Forum Move & Upgrade Scheduled this week!

Chuck

Question

So I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is we'll be offline for a couple hours sometime this Thursday after 2 pm or sometime on Friday for a major upgrade & relocation. 

The good news is, I'm upgrading to the current forum version which fixes a lot of bugs (including no more cookie policy pop-up's @Lou), has new feature enhancements, better performance AND I'm moving the site away from GoDaddy where I've been hosting at since 2013 to a new Cloud hosting solution which also means I will have a secured SSL connection (HTTPS) @John Taylor,and a bunch more capabilities. 

The URL after the transfer and upgrade will be angelswin.com/forums/ like it was way back in the day. 

Nothing should change as far as our logo or overall design, just better features, faster performance, less nuances and a secured connection. 

That said, I'm going from paying $50 to GoDaddy a month to $70 a month and based on traffic, it could go up to $130 a month if I exceed a certain number of unique visits. 

I know that many of you here enjoy AngelsWin.com as much as I do, so I'm doing this both of us. It's an extra $240 a year + an installation/transfer cost, but I think ya'll are worth it. Well at least some of you. ? The ad money helps, but I'll pretty much be breaking even at the end of the year unless something changes. Your donations are always welcome, as is your Ad-free memberships (which I need to audit soon for those who paid for just a year). 

Anyhow, let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them. 

Cheers! 

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Same here. The pages have been slow updating as well. 

That could be your Wi-Fi or mobile service.

I'm getting lightning speed rendering of the pages/threads on here. 

Or it could have been when I ran an update an hour ago. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

That could be your Wi-Fi or mobile service.

I'm getting lightning speed rendering of the pages/threads on here. 

Or it could have been when I ran an update an hour ago. 

yep, it was at about 2:45 that it got bad. it's ok now.

ftr, pages load fast for me, too 

The display of each forum looks different today. I’ve suddenly got about a two inch wide column on the right hand side of each page. It’s like when you’re on the page showing all the forums and there’s that column on the right showing the hottest topics. It isn’t going away, either at home on my iPad or at work on my stupid Dell.

38 minutes ago, Tank said:

The display of each forum looks different today. I’ve suddenly got about a two inch wide column on the right hand side of each page. It’s like when you’re on the page showing all the forums and there’s that column on the right showing the hottest topics. It isn’t going away, either at home on my iPad or at work on my stupid Dell.

Yeah I was trying to incorporate more ads for the right sidebar for our members which is why you were seeing that today. 

I thought our premium subscribers wouldn't see it until I logged into an account that was premium and noticed it so I took it down for now until I can figure out how to show the sidebar without premium members seeing it. 

Cheers!