• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerome to get bumped from rotation?

If you don't believe that GM's and owners don't make their feelings known on who should start and who shouldn't, i don't know what to say.

I'm not going to keep arguing about this. It's like arguing why it's wrong to commit fraud.

I'm sure they do but it's the manager's job to make the final call and if our manager is gullible enough the he gets influenced to make such a decision(which I don't think is the case), that is arguably worse than making the decision without any influence.

I used to agree with this logic. But seeing what it does to football, I don't like it. It's the reason football players play injured, ignore concussions and aren't completely truthful when they are being asked about an injury. If they sit, they lose their job, and sometimes they lose their contracts.

Maybe baseball needs to look at the NBA's use of the amnesty.

Or, make it a hard cap so these contracts aren't so ridiculous.

The amnesty clause doesn't cost the players any money, it just frees up the cap space for the team to spend on another player.

He's the one who signed Blanton to be a starter for this team. Give me a break.

This does get me to think.

Wasn't it Dipoto who essentially forced Scioscia to let Hacker go?

Who knows how these decisions are made.

Whoever made it is either a) oblivious to the results, or B) doesn't care about anything but who makes what salary.

Although, isn't Hanson's salary not much more than Williams' salary?

Exhibit A as to why this is Scioscia's call: 10 year guaranteed contract. He doesn't have to listen to anyone and probably knows it.

Oh, he knows it. He also knows if he's fired, he'll be at work just a short drive up I-5 as soon as he's ready.